Dead Man
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

The artist formerly known as DaddyDaddy

Post by Dead Man » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:02 pm

It has been a very long time since I've posted anything on the forum. Kind of the girlfriend thing, it wasn't you, it was me. While that may not make any of you feel any better, me having my forum name changed may be throwing a kink in some folks thinkerators also. I felt it reasonable to at least post the reasoning behind the change.

Being brief (that's a joke - I don't know how). I'm on a life change journey. It's not a mid-life crisis but a reorganization of the remaining years of my life to do what and with whom I am passionate about. I have organized my life, finances and all, with a goal toward a thru-hike of the AT in March 2021. The intention is to complete the trail, write at least two books, and do motivational speaking both secular and otherwise. I will then do the PCT, the Comino De Santiago and a lot more adventures, work, rinse, and repeat on the books and speaking.

I do not apologize for the fact that I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I never have. I have a strong belief that long distance hiking and a person's daily walk of faith have a tremendous amount of parallels. The books I write will be from a secular perspective and separately from a biblical world view. Like Paul, who said he wanted to be all things to all people just to have the chance to share the gospel; I desire to be as winsome and engaging to all audiences while not forcing someone to listen to or read my beliefs uninformed or unwillingly. It is also my desire to at all times and whenever asked, to share what a profound difference Christ has made in my life now and in my eternity. If the life I am living forward doesn't at least attempt to glorify Christ and His kingdom, then I will be betraying 1 Corinthians 9: 26-27. I refuse to run in such a way as to be without aim or to box in a manner that shows me to just be beating the air and I do not wish to disqualify myself (show myself to be false) in my motives or intentions. Because I am a believer in Christ, and because God's word tells me that I have no power in myself or ability to change my life without the influence of Christ, I wanted a trail name/forum name that reflected that thought. Thus, Dead Man. "Indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves so that we would not trust in ourselves, bu in God who raises the dead;" 2 Corinthians 1:9. A dead man has no power. Christ informs every part of my life and trail name/forum names are not excluded.

I do not think nor do I expect the vast majority of HH to agree with the reasoning behind the change. I just wanted to be transparent, truthful and factual about the name change. People can do with it what they wish after that. It is there for the taking or the leaving.

I promise to be more of a contributor to the forum in the future. There are a lot of things going on and coming down the pipeline with me, the thru-hike and a lot more which I will put a separate thread up about later. International opportunities abound doing God-sized things in dangerous places. Should be an adventure at the very least. 8-)

Return to “Howdy!”