Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: UGQ WD 13ft
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

DutchGear suing RipstopByTheRoll

Post by Karla (with a k) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 am

(the other hammock forum won't let members discuss this since both vendors are not allowed to respond on that site)

Here is an article briefly describing the suit: https://pennrecord.com/stories/51162396 ... dvertising

◘ April: SprinterGiving ◘ May 17-19: 3rd Annual BACONFEST @ Devil's Lake S.P. ◘ May 31- June 2: Kickapoo Valley Challenge @ Wildcat Mtn SP ◘ ◘ 37 months of camping at least one night each month ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: DutchGear suing RipstopByTheRoll

Post by rhjanes » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:01 am

Several of the FaceBook hammock forums, have been lit up by all this.
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:19 am

a few of us have known about this since early November, I just never got around to doingn anything about it. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Dead Man
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Dead Man » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:10 pm

KInda makes one sad (at least it does me). I have a lot of respect for both of those entities. I haven't always agreed with either of them on how they do things or business practices but they've both gotten me further down the trail in terms of gear, ideas, and motivation. It really will be interesting to see how this goes.

Calait
Reactions:
Hammock: ENO DoubleNest Set
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation: closed foam

Post by Calait » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Any ideas on the timeline for this to be cleared up? I too have gotten many ideas from both of these guys.
Any day in the outdoors is better than a day at work.

Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: UGQ WD 13ft
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

Post by Karla (with a k) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:34 am

Scuba wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:19 am
a few of us have known about this since early November, I just never got around to doingn anything about it. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.
I heard about it too, but when it got quiet again, I thought something had been resolved and worked out. Now it appears it has not. Sad for everybody.
◘ April: SprinterGiving ◘ May 17-19: 3rd Annual BACONFEST @ Devil's Lake S.P. ◘ May 31- June 2: Kickapoo Valley Challenge @ Wildcat Mtn SP ◘ ◘ 37 months of camping at least one night each month ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k

Return to “Hammock General Discussion”