sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Statement of Principles

Post by sarge » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:09 pm

I recently made a statement of principles on the Facebook page that I will repeat here:

"Here's a pledge to you guys: This site will never ban or threaten to ban you or anybody else if you're discussing hammocks, hammock products, or hammock marketing as long as you're doing it honestly, politely, and respectful of others. We will never knowingly be shills or stooges for any manufacturer or vendor, and if it is demonstrated to us that we have been duped into performing that task, we will make a public apology for allowing ourselves to be led around by the nose. We will not look down on you for your hammock choices, or the price you paid for your gear. We're here to discuss hammock camping and everything related to the hammocking hobby and the industry growing up around it. We will not shy away from controversy. This is not a place for sycophantic fanboys, its a place for people serious about the hobby and getting as many people into it safely and economically as possible. Pass it along, please."

I stand by that statement. anybody who reads anything into it other than what it says is incorrect.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Return to “Announcements”