Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: UGQ WD 13ft
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

Question about - UGQ - WinterDream Tarp with End Pole Mods

Post by Karla (with a k) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:08 am

I have my new tarp on order from UndgerGround Quilts! Rather than pay for the $90 End Pole Mod kit, I opted to go the DIY route and buy similar tent poles from Amazon (seems like a lot of people do it this way). However, now I see there is an additional item to the kit that I need to make.

It's a section of shock cord which attaches to the poles at the apex and then hooks to your suspension. I can't find anywhere online the length of this shock cord & mitten hook extra. Of course, I can wait until I get my tarp, but I'd rather not.

Is there any chance someone on here owns the same tarp with the same pole modifications and knows the answer to my question? What is the length of the shock cord & mitten hook section?

◘ Aug 24-26: Pie Iron Hang @ I&M Canal, IL ◘ Labor Day: Kickapoo Valley Challenge @ Wildcat Mtn SP, WI ◘ Oct 12-14: MI Chili Festival ◘ Nov 9 -11: New Moon Hang @ Newport SP ◘ Dec. 7-9: Winter DaShack Hang ◘ May 17-19: 3rd Annual BACONFEST ◘ 32 months of camping at least one night ◘ My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/karlawithak216

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Re: Question about - UGQ - WinterDream Tarp with End Pole Mods

Post by Scuba » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:56 pm

what length is your winterdream? I have a 13ft and a couple 12s and I think the length might be different
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: UGQ WD 13ft
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

Post by Karla (with a k) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:59 am

I ordered a 13 foot.
◘ Aug 24-26: Pie Iron Hang @ I&M Canal, IL ◘ Labor Day: Kickapoo Valley Challenge @ Wildcat Mtn SP, WI ◘ Oct 12-14: MI Chili Festival ◘ Nov 9 -11: New Moon Hang @ Newport SP ◘ Dec. 7-9: Winter DaShack Hang ◘ May 17-19: 3rd Annual BACONFEST ◘ 32 months of camping at least one night ◘ My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/karlawithak216

ezadventurer
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by ezadventurer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:50 pm

I would recommend buying shock cord with plenty to spare but trying to cut exact lengths at this point might not be your best option. With the mods out there, you may not have the same length poles, the shock cord could be different size (1/4 or 3/8), the shock cord from company to company may be slightly different in elasticity and most importantly, you may find you prefer a different length than whomever's plans you are using.

Flynguy521
Reactions:
Hammock: Dream Hammock Custom
Tarp: UGQ Asym Multicam
Suspension: DIY 1" Webbing
Insulation: UGQ Custom

Post by Flynguy521 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Just a heads up it's not a critical piece bit it is nice to have. Enjoy your tarp!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hike, Like, and Subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/c/AndyMartinezOutdoors

Hammock Trip Map

"I aim to misbehave!" - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Return to “Hammock General Discussion”