bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

The "Turn Over" over cover.

Post by bobamos » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Hey guys... I actually made something worth sharing... So... here it is. It is going to be cold soon as fall and winter descend upon us and this just might be what you need to stave off some of the cold. It is my "Turn Over" cover. An inexpensive, under $29, no sew, 15 minute option that is easy to make. Here is a link to the video that I made.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg6nJQOA75M&t=23s
Last edited by bobamos on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hennessy Expedition, Yukon Outfitters & Wilcor Mosquito Hammocks .... Plus, Equip Double. (Yep, a cheap Wally World but I like the thing for hanging on the patio.)

gmcpcs
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY WB Clone ATACS
Tarp: DIY Hex ATACS FG
Suspension: Cargo strap loop, BN
Insulation: PLUQ, Down, DIY

Re: The "Turn Over" cover.

Post by gmcpcs » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:25 am

That's pretty nifty! I am a firm believer that shock cord is a vital DIY supply :) I have found myself using a reflective "survival" tarp, the one with aluminized reflector and waterproof vinyl on each side as an over cover. I will drape that over the ridge line, and use a binder clip, or whatever, to tie it off. I can then slide that back and forth, mainly I'm using it to cover my feet area. I need to have my head out to breath and dissipate condensation.

Thanks for sharing and doing the video!

Take it easy,
GMCPCS
Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.
Sam Houston
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15b

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: The "Turn Over" over cover.

Post by bobamos » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:22 pm

I agree with the shock cord thing. It is vital when dealing with moving objects that tear easily. I was looking through my supplies this afternoon and realized that I was completely out of shock cord. Already ordered to replenish my supply. I am glad that you enjoyed the video. I do not do many videos but would love giving them a try with more of them.
Hennessy Expedition, Yukon Outfitters & Wilcor Mosquito Hammocks .... Plus, Equip Double. (Yep, a cheap Wally World but I like the thing for hanging on the patio.)

Return to “DIY General Information”