Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Harvey

Post by GregD » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 am

sarge wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:16 am
Yah, we're headed to Wimberly---if I can get from here to 290 past Prarie View. 99 is closed at Clay and 290 is closed at Prarie View.

From a friend at 10:20 am:
After several hours of circuiting around freeways and surface streets, my family and I have finally made it to Conroe (about 30 miles north of Houston.) flooding was bad and difficult to navigate.
He left from his house near Williams Way and 59.

Best of luck.

Georgia_boy
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Georgia_boy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Prayers being sent from Ga.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SMK
Reactions:
Hammock: extra wide chameleon
Tarp: Chill gorilla
Suspension: dutchware
Insulation: homemade

Post by SMK » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:21 am

Hope everyone is safe now that it seems the worst is behind us had some tense times here in cypress ( bonaire) water got higher in the streets that I've ever seen been here since 2000 hope everyone else made it relatively unscathed

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:44 am

Water level in the nearby creek went down 12 ft overnight.

BearBurrito
Reactions:
Hammock: Modded ENO
Tarp: Various
Suspension: Straps w/ spiders
Insulation: DIY

Post by BearBurrito » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

Been saying some prayers for y'all in the Houston area. Stay safe!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:03 pm

Well, the edges of Harvey have made it up to north MS now, gifting us with a morning of tornado warnings. Had to get in our shelter for about 1/2 hour, siren has stopped for now. I pray that these devils don't get any one, to add to the deaths already recorded from the hurricane. I hate tornadoes as much as hurricanes! (but we only get the tornadoes, our hurricanes are only what ever is left over way up here in north MS. Our coast, of course, gets both, as do you Texans I imagine)
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Biker Bob
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Biker Bob » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:34 pm

Sarge and all

With no word since Monday, I'm hoping you are safe but without time or infrastructure to post on line. My thoughts go out to all who endured the worst hurricane I've ever seen. I sent a few dollars which will maybe buy a few meals or pay for a few hours of workers. I urge everybody not affected to do the same. It's been eleven months since Matthew here in Georgia which was not really much of a storm, but is a reminder to remember the attitude of gratitude.

Bob
Bob

Hangin' on the coast

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:16 pm

I remained dry and comfortable through the storm. I had a trip scheduled and rescheduled my flights to fly into/outof San Antonio. At the moment I'm in Montana. From record breaking rain to record breaking drought.

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Biker Bob wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:34 pm
Sarge and all

With no word since Monday, I'm hoping you are safe but without time or infrastructure to post on line. My thoughts go out to all who endured the worst hurricane I've ever seen. I sent a few dollars which will maybe buy a few meals or pay for a few hours of workers. I urge everybody not affected to do the same. It's been eleven months since Matthew here in Georgia which was not really much of a storm, but is a reminder to remember the attitude of gratitude.

Bob
The last info I saw from Sarge had his plan to be away from his home base through this Labor Day weekend.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:05 pm

We're home. House is dry and most of the neighborhood looks like nobody got water in thier homes---at least there's no piles of sheetrock, carpets, and furniture out in front anywhere. The office got flooded so I'll be working out of the house for the next couple of weeks.

We left b/c the Brazos was projected to crest at 59', and that would have put water in the house. When they downgraded the crest to 56', I knew we'd be OK. Last year it got to 54.7' and we were on an island for a week. From that point, it would have taken another 3 feet to get water in our street and another 18" to get water in the house. Final measurement for the river was 55.1'.

God was good to us. We just made it out of town and spent a week in a nice B & B in the Hill Country.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Flynguy521
Reactions:
Hammock: Dream Hammock Custom
Tarp: UGQ Asym Multicam
Suspension: DIY 1" Webbing
Insulation: UGQ Custom

Post by Flynguy521 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Glad to hear it Sarge!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hike, Like, and Subscribe!