KINGLONESTAR
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Harvey

Post by KINGLONESTAR » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:20 am

To anyone else out there who has already been, is being, or will be affected by Harvey, hunker down and stay safe, my friends. We're in for a rough couple of days.

All good so far here in Cypress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In vino veritas.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: Harvey

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:40 am

Be safe! If you have not had to evacuate, and the wind or flood danger is not too high where you are, you probably will have a good opportunity to do a major tarp test!
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

tennistime99
Reactions:
Hammock: Jungle Exp Asym Zip
Tarp: Hennessey Typhoon
Suspension: Whoopies and toggles
Insulation: DIY UQ ad TQ

Post by tennistime99 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:12 pm

Good luck! If someone knocks on your door and tells you to evacuate it's time to bail. Get yourself a bug out bag in order. Scary to only have a few minutes to decide what you can lose.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Keep Ryan and Jeanette Ford in your prayers, they live(d) in Rockport which was one of the places hardest hit. They evac'd out to UncleMike's, but no word yet on how their property might have fared.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:10 am

Scuba wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:21 pm
Keep Ryan and Jeanette Ford in your prayers, they live(d) in Rockport which was one of the places hardest hit. They evac'd out to UncleMike's, but no word yet on how their property might have fared.
From our conversations, they are thankful that they, their family members, and critters are safe but still quite concerned about property. Three areas that have their focus are (1) Their home, (2) Ryan's parent's home, and (3) the storage facility where they keep a good bit of their Kayak fleet, the inventory for their business.

So far, no word on (1). From pictures and videos there appears to be significant damage to (2)and (3). It may still be several days until they can return to assess damage, weeks before full utility service, and no speculation on repair to homes or business.

They are great folks with amazing attitudes yet this is a real blow. I join with Scuba in asking folks to keep them both in your prayers.

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by rhjanes » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:12 am

This mornings video's out of Houston show water rescues, streets under 10 feet of water......even the TV station has water in it....and more rain falling
Last edited by rhjanes on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

KINGLONESTAR
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by KINGLONESTAR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:39 am

Hi and dry here in Cypress but lotsa folks not so fortunate. Praying for all.

In vino veritas.

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:41 am

At this point pretty much any spot that gets the worst of the rain is going to flood. So far my neighborhood (Clay and Barker Cypress) has been lucky and is dry enough. If someone needs a dog-friendly place to crash let me know.

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:59 pm

There was a mandatory evacuation order today that I think includes Sarge's place.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Nope.

Was voluntary and when I looked at the map, my place was on an island inside the evac zone. That's how it shook out last year---I spent a week on an island in a tropical climate. I might do the same thing again.

I'm saving a frikkin fortune on airfare.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:25 pm

sarge wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 pm
Nope.

Was voluntary and when I looked at the map, my place was on an island inside the evac zone. That's how it shook out last year---I spent a week on an island in a tropical climate. I might do the same thing again.

I'm saving a frikkin fortune on airfare.
I thought I saw the voluntary change to mandatory. It may well be I misunderstood. The map I saw was very hard to read; if there was an island for your subdivision I don't think I could have seen it. Stay dry.

I'm trying to catch a flight tomorrow. Or Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or maybe even Thursday. Even if they fly I'm not sure I can get my dogs to the kennel and myself to IAH.

KINGLONESTAR
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by KINGLONESTAR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:45 pm

FB evacuation just became mandatory near Brazos River...don't know the specifics but GodSpeed, Sarge.

In vino veritas.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 pm

Yah; its mandatory now.

Last year during the Tax Day flood we were high and dry with the Brazos at 55'-0", but we couldn't get out of the subdivision after it got to about 50'-0. Up until about three hours ago, the forecast crest was 55'-6", something we figured we could tough out. But now the latest estimate for the river is a crest at 59'-0" and that puts the front stoop underwater. We're evacuating tomorrow before the subdivision is closed by water (right now, the river is at 35'-0" so we've got some time).

We're looking at options for places to stay.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:29 am

sarge wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 pm
Yah; its mandatory now.

Last year during the Tax Day flood we were high and dry with the Brazos at 55'-0", but we couldn't get out of the subdivision after it got to about 50'-0. Up until about three hours ago, the forecast crest was 55'-6", something we figured we could tough out. But now the latest estimate for the river is a crest at 59'-0" and that puts the front stoop underwater. We're evacuating tomorrow before the subdivision is closed by water (right now, the river is at 35'-0" so we've got some time).

We're looking at options for places to stay.
In a pinch you can come here. It is small and it will be cramped but so far it is dry. And dog friendly.
Getting here might be tough.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:16 am

Yah, we're headed to Wimberly---if I can get from here to 290 past Prarie View. 99 is closed at Clay and 290 is closed at Prarie View.
My You Tube Channel

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”