Mtngeronimo
Reactions:
Hammock: Hammeck
Tarp:
Suspension: Dutch Stuff
Insulation:

FF Stove Snuffer and Container

Post by Mtngeronimo » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:49 pm

I love my modified Fancee Feast stove but for me it has 2 draw backs; no on/off switch and no way to recover unused fuel. I built a container that works as a snuffer to extinguish the flame and as a container to preserve the unburned fuel stored in the wick which would be lost through evaporation when not in use. Ok, I may be a fuel miser but watching precious fuel burn after I remove a boiling pot of water just goes against my grain. I would also submit that my stove does now indeed have an on/off switch.

I cut down a large 23oz drink can and trimmed the lip from a small glad storage container. Slide the lip of the cut down plastic container over another unaltered container to provide a slight flare when pressing onto the rim of the can. Applying a thin layer of epoxy around the inside of the rim of the can when pressing on the plastic lip will keep the lip in place. A small hole drilled or melted in the lid will keep the lid from popping at altitude. Total weight is 18gm.

Click on the link to view pics. (I'm having difficulty with loading images directly to this site.)

Edit: Fixed. I signed up for Photobucket. Thanks Admin.

Admin edit:

Apparently google photos doesn't play nice with Hppb. I've tried a couple of different avenues to fix it (I posted the direct link above).

Photobucket, imgur, and pics uploaded to the HH.net Facebook page don't have any problems with posting a direct link:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1250&p=9253#p9253

Return to “Backpacks & Other Gear”