ThomP99
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Plastic Snap Reinforcement

Post by ThomP99 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:06 am

I've made up a couple of Costco Throw topquilts more or less following Sargevining's instructions for the no-sew version. They worked exceptionally well this summer, and we have about 20 nights in on both of them. Early on, however, we began to have some snaps pull or rip through the nylon fabric on the throw. I've started to remove all the snaps and reinforce the holes with Gear Aid Tenacious Tape. So far the process has been straightforward, and I expect this will add the necessary reinforcement.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Plastic Snap Reinforcement

Post by sarge » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:46 pm

ThomP99 wrote:I've made up a couple of Costco Throw topquilts more or less following Sargevining's instructions for the no-sew version. They worked exceptionally well this summer, and we have about 20 nights in on both of them. Early on, however, we began to have some snaps pull or rip through the nylon fabric on the throw. I've started to remove all the snaps and reinforce the holes with Gear Aid Tenacious Tape. So far the process has been straightforward, and I expect this will add the necessary reinforcement.
Interesting. I've not had similar problems. Usually two thicknesses of material is enough support for the snaps.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Return to “Insulation”