pistal44
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Costco no sow UQ 1st test

Post by pistal44 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:51 am

Forecast showed 59 for the low, actual temp when I got up this morning about 4am was 51. I was using Sarge's style no sow Costco under quilt with an extra Costco throw clipped on for insurance, I don't trust my diy skills yet. Only issue was my calfs got cool. Not cold but noticeable. I think my suspension might have been a little to tight on that end. Not sure if I'm more exited about a diy project working or the 51 degree temp around Houston. Lol. It was nice to wake up a little chilled instead of sweating.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Costco no sow UQ 1st test

Post by sarge » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:11 am

pistal44 wrote:Forecast showed 59 for the low, actual temp when I got up this morning about 4am was 51. I was using Sarge's style no sow Costco under quilt with an extra Costco throw clipped on for insurance, I don't trust my diy skills yet. Only issue was my calfs got cool. Not cold but noticeable. I think my suspension might have been a little to tight on that end. Not sure if I'm more exited about a diy project working or the 51 degree temp around Houston. Lol. It was nice to wake up a little chilled instead of sweating.

Doncha just love it when a plan comes together? Cool calves might mean suspension is just a bit loose, or it could be that the second quilt was a bit droopy on that side. I think at 50 a single quilt is a bit out of its league.

I dang near got out on the patio last night myself. I just finished an improved version of the sewn quilt and am dying to test it.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

pistal44
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by pistal44 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:05 am

The second quilt was just held on 4 corners by big paper binder clips, I haven't got phase 2 done yet. It could have been part of the problem. I was thinking I was compressing the down causing my calfs to be cool. I'll have to check which way I need to go with it. It's still up, waiting for the sun to dry up the dew before I pack it up.

You should have got out there last night. It was nice. Just enough breeze to keep it from being stuffy inside bug net but not enough to make it cold with the temps.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:32 am

pistal44 wrote:The second quilt was just held on 4 corners by big paper binder clips, I haven't got phase 2 done yet. It could have been part of the problem. I was thinking I was compressing the down causing my calfs to be cool. I'll have to check which way I need to go with it. It's still up, waiting for the sun to dry up the dew before I pack it up.

You should have got out there last night. It was nice. Just enough breeze to keep it from being stuffy inside bug net but not enough to make it cold with the temps.
I would have, but just completed Phase I on the new design myself.

Down compression can be a problem with these quilts as there's only 1" of loft. You have to be careful when riggin them to make sure they're not too tight against the hammock.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

pistal44
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by pistal44 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:39 am

Picture of my beast before I got my tarp up yesterday. I'll just keep fiddling with it until learns who's the boss.

Return to “Insulation”