What about hanging w/ boats, trucks, motorcycles, etc.

Wanna bring your gear along in Storage boxes? Pop-up Canopies? Dutch ovens? Talk about it here.
Rich S.
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

What about hanging w/ boats, trucks, motorcycles, etc.

Post by Rich S. » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:46 am

Please forgive me for being a "well rounded personality."
Car camping is kind of limiting, vehicle camping is more open.
And is this about camping or hanging?
Vehicle supported hanging?
Vehicle based hanging?
I love sailing.
Am thinking about participating in the Texas 200 sailboat event next June, and am contemplating a new boat for the event.
One boat requirement is to support one 11' hammock for overnighting while anchored.
Real simple 2 masted schooner is what keeps coming up, similar to Phil Bolgers' "singlehanded schooner."
Anybody else here regularly hang in a boat that has any suggestions?
Thanks youall.

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Re: What about hanging w/ boats, trucks, motorcycles, etc.

Post by Scuba » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:54 am

Rich S. wrote:Please forgive me for being a "well rounded personality."
Car camping is kind of limiting, vehicle camping is more open.
And is this about camping or hanging?
Vehicle supported hanging?
Vehicle based hanging?
I love sailing.
Am thinking about participating in the Texas 200 sailboat event next June, and am contemplating a new boat for the event.
One boat requirement is to support one 11' hammock for overnighting while anchored.
Real simple 2 masted schooner is what keeps coming up, similar to Phil Bolgers' "singlehanded schooner."
Anybody else here regularly hang in a boat that has any suggestions?
Thanks youall.
Perhaps I should have said VEHICLE camping, but I just wanted to separate this from the UL quest some people (myself included) embrace. When I am hiking, I do count ounces, when I am camping from my truck, I don't just bring a kitchen sink, I bring 2.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

Re: What about hanging w/ boats, trucks, motorcycles, etc.

Post by ADVStrom14 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:19 am

I have just started getting into backpacking and trying to be a little more UL than I am when I car or motorcycle camp. I personally love motorcycle camping and have a 2014 V-Strom that i ride to the camp or, hopefully one day soon, ride down a dirt trail to get to stealth camp in the woods. When on a bike I do count bulk and pounds, not really ounces, just because there is a limit to the amount of stuff that I can take and it has to be relatively balanced. It does make me think about the things that I carry so that I don't carry the kitchen sink and I think that has been the gateway drug to backpacking and UL camping.
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

Return to “Car Camping”