Mind. Blown.

Cameras, GPS, headlamps, solar chargers....talk about it all here.
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Mind. Blown.

Post by sarge » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:18 am

My buddy Coolerking is gonna cost me money, and I just bought a new camera! This is mind blowing, and I can see how this would work in the tall pine forests of Coastal TX. You can use the button in the top left corner to rotate the view 360 degrees right to left and up and down.

As a bonus he uses the word "detritus".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0SB8e ... e=youtu.be

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Coolerking
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Mind. Blown.

Post by Coolerking » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Haha, I have just come onto the forum to post a link to the video as I thought it may interest a few of the members and you have beat me to it buddy! I really appreciate it!!! :lol:
Yeah, sorry about that, it is pretty cool, as soon as I saw them I wanted one, I've been trying to get the quality up on my videos recently and decided to plumb for a 360 camera. To my knowledge, I've not seen any other outdoors youtuber using them. It is a bit harder to publish, and you can't add it into non 360 footage and visa Versa but it is still a great piece of technology! I am going to play with it a little more and tweak a few things for the next video I make with it :D

Coolerking
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Coolerking » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Oh yes, the word detritus is a great word and is not used as much as it should :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tennistime99
Reactions:
Hammock: Jungle Exp Asym Zip
Tarp: Hennessey Typhoon
Suspension: Whoopies and toggles
Insulation: DIY UQ ad TQ

Post by tennistime99 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Saw a 360 video from the Ryder Cup... Cool stuff.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:20 pm

Coolerking wrote:Haha, I have just come onto the forum to post a link to the video as I thought it may interest a few of the members and you have beat me to it buddy! I really appreciate it!!! :lol:
Yeah, sorry about that, it is pretty cool, as soon as I saw them I wanted one, I've been trying to get the quality up on my videos recently and decided to plumb for a 360 camera. To my knowledge, I've not seen any other outdoors youtuber using them. It is a bit harder to publish, and you can't add it into non 360 footage and visa Versa but it is still a great piece of technology! I am going to play with it a little more and tweak a few things for the next video I make with it :D
I've said before that you live in some purty country, and this is an even better way to show it off. These aren't available in the States yet, and they seem to have only one similarly priced competitor which hasn't gotten here yet either. I can see how these would be especially good for outside videography on the scale at which we do these things.

You're going to be a bit ahead of me in using this thing, so I'll be watching as you develope your technique. I'm already thinking that posting as a playlist that contains the "main" video and one or more 360 shots at special locales, with cards or annotations in the "main" video that link the viewer to the 360 shots so they can be viewed at the appropriate time. Somthing like "Pause the video now and take a look at this 360 shot to see how great this is." or perhaps with some on camera narration in the main video as kind of a "voice over" for the 360 and both vids playing at the same time. Beats the heck out of a slow pan without a fluid head tripod mount.

This might solve some of those more traditional camera techniques that a lot of use can't use due to wieght and packability that requires some heavier or additional equipment to pull off with standard video such as panning (which requires a good fluid head to pull off properly) or tracking shots (which requires a slider). If you've got the capability to direct people to the 360 view, you limit the need for that stuff. I can see a dual mount somethinglike this, but with the 360 camera on top:

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1.fXyKFXX ... Camera.jpg
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Coolerking
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Coolerking » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:36 pm

I am telling you, this camera is lightweight...it is also smaller than my phone!!! It would definitely be better in a lot of situations.

I thought about the same things you have about doing one main video and a few shorter ones in 360 that can be linked to.

It is going to be a fun learning curve!

I am hoping to get out tomorrow and get some more footage of the other woods inuse on the other side of the valley.

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bobamos » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:07 pm

OMG!!! That is incredible!!! Hope it catches on....
Hennessy Expedition, Yukon Outfitters & Wilcor Mosquito Hammocks .... Plus, Equip Double. (Yep, a cheap Wally World but I like the thing for hanging on the patio.)

Coolerking
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Coolerking » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:25 pm

bobamos wrote:OMG!!! That is incredible!!! Hope it catches on....
It will be good! I know I will be making a few 360 videos now I have the camera at least. I am yet to see anyone with annoutdoors type of channel using one.

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bobamos » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Coolerking wrote:
bobamos wrote:OMG!!! That is incredible!!! Hope it catches on....
It will be good! I know I will be making a few 360 videos now I have the camera at least. I am yet to see anyone with annoutdoors type of channel using one.
It is best on a computer. I have TV devices that also allow me to watch YouTube on my big screen TV. When I watch it there I see all 360* at the same time as a wash across the screen. So while it is a big hit on the computer it is a little rough on the TV.
But I do love it....
Hennessy Expedition, Yukon Outfitters & Wilcor Mosquito Hammocks .... Plus, Equip Double. (Yep, a cheap Wally World but I like the thing for hanging on the patio.)

PapaSmurf
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by PapaSmurf » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:22 am

This is something we've been considering for some time now for product tours. Might just have to finally break down and place an order.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:27 am

Dude.

A 360 shot like that from inside a hammock?

Priceless.
My You Tube Channel

PapaSmurf
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by PapaSmurf » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:53 am

sarge wrote: A 360 shot like that from inside a hammock?
Yep. The Ricoh Theta S supposedly will auto rotate so I'm thinking we could make a mount to hang one of these cameras on the ridgeline and operate the shutter remotely for a nice 360 tour inside the hammock. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Now, where did I leave my wallet?

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Nixon us bringing out a 360 cam also
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Coolerking
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Coolerking » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Yes....get one randy...then I can pine over one of your hammocks in 360° goodness. Hahaha!

Return to “Electronics”