bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Snugpak Jungle Blanket $24.50

Post by bobamos » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Amazon has Snugpak Jungle Blankets for $24.50 if you are an Amazon Prime member. Picked up 2 of them A black and an olive.

Blanket link

Hennessy Expedition, Yukon Outfitters & Wilcor Mosquito Hammocks .... Plus, Equip Double. (Yep, a cheap Wally World but I like the thing for hanging on the patio.)

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Snugpak Jungle Blanket $24.50

Post by sarge » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:37 am

Somebody could make some pretty cheap top and underquilts
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bobamos » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Sure could Sarge. We plan to use ours for summer nights in the hammocks as well as boosting out present Snugpak underblanket if needed. You had some videos on converting these that would be of great help to anyone thinking of using one.
Hennessy Expedition, Yukon Outfitters & Wilcor Mosquito Hammocks .... Plus, Equip Double. (Yep, a cheap Wally World but I like the thing for hanging on the patio.)

johnspenn
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY TCF
Tarp: KNT12
Suspension: Whoopie/MSH
Insulation: MAMW/UGQ 20*

Post by johnspenn » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:58 pm

I have one of the Snugpak Under-Blankets. It's a solid piece of gear, and warm for what it is, but it's heavy and the stock suspension is pretty crappy.

Haven't tried or even seen the Jungle Blankets, are they comparable in material to the UB's?

hoppy901
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hoppy901 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:02 pm

You got me hooked on the Kamsnaps Sarge. I used them to double up my 2 Snugpak Jungle blankets for my top quilt for Winter. The single got a little too cold at 36 degrees.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:53 pm

johnspenn wrote:I have one of the Snugpak Under-Blankets. It's a solid piece of gear, and warm for what it is, but it's heavy and the stock suspension is pretty crappy.

Haven't tried or even seen the Jungle Blankets, are they comparable in material to the UB's?
The Jungle Blanket uses a different insulation, but has the same inner and outer shells. I don;t think it would go much below 40 degrees, but that means it outperforms a single layer Costco UQ for only about $5.00 more (right now).

Here's those videos Bob was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obBGIGo ... uY&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6R8ooM ... uY&index=1
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bobamos » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Thanks Sarge. I was gonna hunt the video links down. I love it when others do my work for me.... LOL... But they are great options of use for these blankets.

johnspenn
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY TCF
Tarp: KNT12
Suspension: Whoopie/MSH
Insulation: MAMW/UGQ 20*

Post by johnspenn » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:02 am

How would y'all compare this product to the US Poncho Liner AKA "Woobie" as far as insulation value and weight?

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:43 am

johnspenn wrote:How would y'all compare this product to the US Poncho Liner AKA "Woobie" as far as insulation value and weight?
Vastly superior. Current issue woobies don't really block the wind all that well and aren't water resistant at all. The SnugPck woobie has a wind blocking outer shell that is somewhat water resitant. They don't make that claim in any of thier propaganda, but water will bead on it and run off. I suspect it will soak int if the water is allowed to stay, but that's not really going to happen when its being used as UQ.
My You Tube Channel

gmcpcs
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY WB Clone ATACS
Tarp: DIY Hex ATACS FG
Suspension: Cargo strap loop, BN
Insulation: PLUQ, Down, DIY

Post by gmcpcs » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:04 am

I picked 4 of these up from Christmas gifts, one for me, and 3 for the kids. We have used them around the house as lounge blankets, and at grandma's house for spending the night.

I have to agree that this vastly superior to the poncho liner, mainly for me because of the length being longer. I want a snap kit for new year's. :)

The liner will tend to "bubble up" from the insulation, as it isn't quilted like the PL. It packs down to 1/3 the size though! It is made in China, but the build quality is very good, at least the blanket. It comes with a stuff sack that has stitched joints on the compression straps right at the bottom. A bit of caution on cranking them down too tight, or they might come unstitched.
Overall, my opinion is that it's a great deal.

I'll try to get more information on the comparison at a later date.

Take it easy,
GMCPCS

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.
Sam Houston
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15b

Return to “All the rest of it”