lilricky
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

6th Annual HANGCON

Post by lilricky » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:04 am

I hope everyone had a great Christmas; I sure did getting all sorts of hammock related gifts. But the real reason for this post is to invite everyone to the 6th Annual HANGCON (formally known as the Florida Hang). We’re at the same place as last year’s hang, Doe Lake Recreation Area, with lots more classes/workshops, more food, more fun, and more attendees than ever before (somewhere north of 300 hangers), looking to break our old record set last year of 265 hangers.

The other big thing we’re having at the hang is my wedding. Yep, lilricky is getting married at the hang this year to my beloved Lani. Our relationship has a complicated story, but suffice it to say it’s been a 20 year love affair and I want my extended hanging family to meet my new family, including her 7 year old daughter, Caitlin. The ceremony will be done by our very own Timberrr, as he is a bishop in real life. We’re still having our mass vow renewals that we do each year, also being done by Timberrr, so be sure to bring your significant other to share in this special ceremony. Don’t forget to bring any youngins as our very own Olddog is heading up our children’s activities again this year.

To our cottage industries and outdoor vendors, of course we will still have our designated area for you to set up at to show off your latest and greatest products, (please contact Gumbo on the forums to reserve a spot) but we also want you to relax and have fun, all those long days and nights making and shipping orders over Christmas was hard work and you deserve a break! So come on down and let us show you some famous southern hospitality!

What: 6th Annual HANGCON

When: January 14th-19th, 2015

Where: Doe Lake Recreation Area (http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/ocala/re ... ecid=40231)
GPS coordinates: 29°2'33"N, 81°49'15"W 29.04249, -81.82083

Why: Let’s see, food, fun, fellowship, food, hiking, kayaking, did I say food?

How: Fly, Drive, Hike, Kayak, Dog sled, anyway you can!

Maintainer of the Unofficial Trail GPS Map Page(Updated 3-8-16) Now updated with Florida Trail, Lone Star Hiking Trail, Arizona Trail, and the Appalachian Trail.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: 6th Annual HANGCON

Post by sarge » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:50 am

Wisht I could make it.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: 6th Annual HANGCON

Post by bobamos » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:07 pm

I'd love to go too but wrong coast.... California here.. Have fun....
Hennessy Expedition, Yukon Outfitters & Wilcor Mosquito Hammocks .... Plus, Equip Double. (Yep, a cheap Wally World but I like the thing for hanging on the patio.)

Return to “South”