ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

Set the date...

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:14 pm

I have been going back and forth and I had tentatively planned for hiking the NC leg of the BMT (thanks Sarge for suggesting that trail) in June of 2017. Well, after some research and talking to some other people on the WB forum I realized that the heat and the bugs and all that jazz might be more than I am willing to take. I looked at my calendar and I decided that December looked like as good a time as any. I will be heading west on December 16 and officially starting at Big Creek on the 17th! Prayers and encouragement appreciated! :P

I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

hikehunter
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Set the date...

Post by hikehunter » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:45 pm

Sounds fun. I do not know details. I understand that resuppy on the BMT is not as easy as the AT. There is a guy that is on youtube "Evan's Backpacking Videos" he has done the BMT a few times. you could watch his videos or contact him for some info. Good luck HFHS(Have Fun & Hike Safe).
There are wonders out there...now to go find them HFHS (Have Fun & Hike Safe)

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Set the date...

Post by sarge » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:05 pm

Its a dang shame SGT Rock has gone dark (I hear he's getting married today). He had all the skinny on the BMT.

At least his Trail Guide is still up:

http://bmtguide.com/
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

Re: RE: Re: Set the date...

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:58 pm

hikehunter wrote:Sounds fun. I do not know details. I understand that resuppy on the BMT is not as easy as the AT. There is a guy that is on youtube "Evan's Backpacking Videos" he has done the BMT a few times. you could watch his videos or contact him for some info. Good luck HFHS(Have Fun & Hike Safe).
I am only hiking the NC leg so I will be out for 7 days or so. Shouldn't have to resupply but I have heard the same about resupply being more difficult. I'll check out the videos anyway though as imcaire there is something I can learn.
sarge wrote:Its a dang shame SGT Rock has gone dark (I hear he's getting married today). He had all the skinny on the BMT.

At least his Trail Guide is still up:

http://bmtguide.com/
I didn't know he was getting married today. I have his trail guide with the updated info for the reroute after Fontana. His book is good. I plan to have it spiral bound before I leave as I have already managed to pull some of the pages out of the binding.

Jes
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

Return to “South”