Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Arkansas Gathering of Hiker VI

Post by ouachitahiker » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:11 pm

I know that I am new here but I wanted to share this with you:

You are invited to attend our Gathering of Hikers the weekend of Oct. 21, 22 and 23.

Sean Dupré, a hanger, reached out to Nimblewill Nomad (Sunny) over the summer and he has now confirmed that he will attend the Gathering and offered to be a presenter. If you don’t know of him, he has completed the Triple Crown (PCT, CDT, AT) and his own self proclaimed Triple “O” (Ozark Trail, Ouachita Trail, and OHT, back-to-back-to-back). Here’s a link to his website and you’ll see that he is indeed legendary. Other speakers include Jim Gifford, former president of FoOT, and Jackson Spencer (OHT speed record holder).

I’m trying to get the word out about our Gathering and the fact that we all have a rare opportunity to meet a legend in the backpacking community.

Our reach is limited to the BPA facebook page and BackpackingArkansas.com so we thought this news needed to reach a wider audience.

Thanks for helping us spread the word and I’m hoping for good Fall weather that weekend and maybe a bonus of Fall colors!

The Gathering of Hikers will be held the weekend of Oct. 21, 22, and 23 at the beautiful Shady Lake Campground in the Ouachita National Forest of AR. Registration cost is only $5.00 and that gets you in the gear drawing. The park is hanger friendly.

Registration can be found at:

https://bpagathering.com/registration/

For further info feel free to email duprelufkin@hotmail.com or post here.

Happy Trails!

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Arkansas Gathering of Hiker VI

Post by sarge » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:14 pm

Sounds like a good time and a great event. Wisht I'd known of it sooner, I made plans for that weekend with the Little Colonel and, well, when you make plans with the Little Colonel--------
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Duke of Squirrels
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Arkansas Gathering of Hiker VI

Post by Duke of Squirrels » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:04 pm

Aw man! I was hanging on up the road at Bard Springs. Actually stopped in at Shady Lake on Saturday evening. Some dude told me about a bunch of folk in hammocks..hanging around. I should have swung by.

Return to “South”