ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

NC Group Hang...Maybe?

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:30 am

I'm thinking about trying to organize a NC group hang probably in November (not to conflict with the Black Jack Hang in Batesville the 11-13th.). Want to go to the western part of the state and TN, VA, SC, GA and anyone else who is interested is more than welcome. I checked out a couple of the NC facebook groups and I did not see anything coming up that would conflict. I try to stay off the FB as much as possible so all my organization will be over here.

Open to suggestions on locations too! Anybody up for it?

I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

brianb2
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Double Layer
Tarp: DIY Asym or Winter
Suspension: Mule Tape and Becket
Insulation: DIY Integrated UQ

Re: NC Group Hang...Maybe?

Post by brianb2 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:48 pm

Don't feel bad if you don't get much of a response. The community here is always growing, but there's not a lot of East Coasters on as far as I can tell. Definitely some, but our good friends over in Texas seem to have the concentration of folks. Not surprising with folks like Scuba and Sarge leading the charge on this site.

There are some hangs going on in Nov. Yates Place Fall Back Hang Nov 4-6. Morrow Mtn Hangsgiving Nov 11-13th. Halloween Hunger Hang at Merchants Millpond State Park Oct 20 - 23 isn't far from you if I remember correctly. I don't do a lot of group hangs, maybe two a year, but there seems to be one going on almost every month. I do get out backpacking at least one weekend a month and sometimes more. Message me if you come up dry with these hangs or setting up your own. I'm in Charlotte, but Western NC is where I spend most of my time. Good luck.
Family motto - we may joke, but we don't judge.
Trail Name = Beans

ADVStrom14
Reactions:

Re: RE: Re: NC Group Hang...Maybe?

Post by ADVStrom14 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:46 am

brianb2 wrote:Don't feel bad if you don't get much of a response. The community here is always growing, but there's not a lot of East Coasters on as far as I can tell. Definitely some, but our good friends over in Texas seem to have the concentration of folks. Not surprising with folks like Scuba and Sarge leading the charge on this site.

There are some hangs going on in Nov. Yates Place Fall Back Hang Nov 4-6. Morrow Mtn Hangsgiving Nov 11-13th. Halloween Hunger Hang at Merchants Millpond State Park Oct 20 - 23 isn't far from you if I remember correctly. I don't do a lot of group hangs, maybe two a year, but there seems to be one going on almost every month. I do get out backpacking at least one weekend a month and sometimes more. Message me if you come up dry with these hangs or setting up your own. I'm in Charlotte, but Western NC is where I spend most of my time. Good luck.
Thanks. Yeah I have noticed that there are only a few of us easterners here. I am planning on going to the Morrow Mountain hang the 11th-13th but will be out of town with work for the other two. Oh well. Just wanting to meet some people and "hang out." [emoji51]

Jes
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

Idaho Hanger
Reactions:
Hammock: P43 Terrawing
Tarp: P43 Lodgefly
Suspension: Whoopies
Insulation: P43 Down Quilts

Post by Idaho Hanger » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Seems to only be a few of us westerners as well. I have the weekend free, but 2500 miles is a bit far.
“Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” - Edward Abbey.

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:07 pm

We'll save you some trees if you want to meet in the middle :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:42 am

Texas is kind of in the middle. Should we head out to Mineral Wells for the weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianb2
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Double Layer
Tarp: DIY Asym or Winter
Suspension: Mule Tape and Becket
Insulation: DIY Integrated UQ

Post by brianb2 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:42 am

Texas is kind of in the middle. Should we head out to Mineral Wells for the weekend?

Family motto - we may joke, but we don't judge.
Trail Name = Beans

ADVStrom14
Reactions:

Re: RE: Re: NC Group Hang...Maybe?

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:08 am

brianb2 wrote:Texas is kind of in the middle. Should we head out to Mineral Wells for the weekend?

I wouldn't mind a road trip. But not in this weather.

Jes

Return to “South”