North Mississippi - Batesville, MS - 1st Annual Black Jack Hang - November 11th-13th

BlackJack
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

North Mississippi - Batesville, MS - 1st Annual Black Jack Hang - November 11th-13th

Post by BlackJack » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:41 pm

1st Annual Black Jack Hang November 11th-13th

This is the official planning thread for the 1st Annual Black Jack Hang - 2016

This hang will take place on 300 acres of private land. It is car camping/primitive with no bathrooms or running water. There is a running spring that will provide plenty of water if you desire. We have plenty of hang spots in which all will be within walking distance of your car. I will have a travel trailer setup for emergencies if one should arise. The property sits in a country setting with mature hardwoods and pines with trails throughout. The trails are maintained annually and would allow for both walking/biking. A fellow hanger and member here has offered his barn for the Saturday night gathering if the group wants to do that. It is only about a mile down the road. This would be our large group gathering as to allow for you guys to explore the area on Saturday if you like. I will attach a few links of things to do in the area. There is a grocery store and Wally World approximately 15 minutes away in Batesville or in Oxford if you would like to grab your grub once you get here. So come one come all - I am looking forward to seeing a few old friends and meeting new ones. If you have any questions or would like to contact me personally, please email at csmith@itstimetoinsure.com

Location: 34.350139, -89.782587 https://www.bing.com/mapspreview?&ty...s+ma&FORM=MIRE

Please sign in if you are coming and there is a food/supply/kitchen signup on page 2. You are not required to bring anything but a smile. Children and pets are welcome, but keep both on a leash. Joking! Please feel free to bring the family. Hope to see you all there!

Sign In Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...q4s/edit#gid=0

Things to do:

http://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/Portal...ee%20loops.bmp

http://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/Portal...re%20Trail.pdf

http://www.recreation.gov/recreation...&recAreaId=154

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Re: North Mississippi - Batesville, MS - 1st Annual Black Jack Hang - November 11th-13th

Post by UncleMJM » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Sounds like a great place and all the makings for a great time!

If that weren't the same time as our annual Texas hang, I'd do all I could to get there.

I'm looking forward to pictures and a trip report! All the best to y'all!

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: North Mississippi - Batesville, MS - 1st Annual Black Jack Hang - November 11th-13th

Post by sarge » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:15 pm

UncleMJM wrote:Sounds like a great place and all the makings for a great time!

If that weren't the same time as our annual Texas hang, I'd do all I could to get there.

I'm looking forward to pictures and a trip report! All the best to y'all!
Dang.

I was getting ready to talk Scuba into taking the RV on a road trip---
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

lvickery
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by lvickery » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:11 am

Hey Blackjack. I would like to attend. I'm not far away at Fisherville (Eads) near Memphis. But the link to signup sheet doesn't work.

Larry Vickery
572 Stable Creek Cove
Eads, TN 38028

larry.vickery@gmail.com

901-830-4062

BlackJack
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by BlackJack » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:27 pm

lvickery wrote:Hey Blackjack. I would like to attend. I'm not far away at Fisherville (Eads) near Memphis. But the link to signup sheet doesn't work.

Larry Vickery
572 Stable Creek Cove
Eads, TN 38028

larry.vickery@gmail.com

901-830-4062
Good day!! Sorry I have not logged in in a bit. The link should be working now. We would love to have you join us! Looks like it is going to be a great hang!! Email me with any questions.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:23 pm

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

southernfire97
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by southernfire97 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:06 pm

Looks like I will be making this hang. The Sipsey hang is conflicting with a previous engagement, so I'm going to make this one instead. I can't add my name to the list on my phone, so I will have to do it tomorrow from the house. Looking forward to it!!

I will have a WBRR and a WBBB XLC with me.

BlackJack
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by BlackJack » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:28 pm

Ok fellow hangers, the hang is finally about to be here. The weather is looking like low 40's (maybe upper 30's) and low to mid 60's for the weekend. No chance of rain. So break out those fair weather tarps or just go topless if you like!! There is no limit to the amount of people we can accommodate so don't worry about a last minute drop in. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Placid-storm
Reactions:
Hammock: Grand Trunk
Tarp: Ultralight
Suspension: Amsteel
Insulation: Repurposed

Post by Placid-storm » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:16 pm

I'm coming, this is Austin Cain. I tend to depend solely on myself for food but i may have an extra pack of peanut noodles. They are light weight, and fairly easy to cook. They also make Ramen taste like kibble. Not everyone likes them though. I cook on a small alcohol stove and normally only build a fire for socializing. My buddy Dustin might come with me. I'll try the spreadsheet later but if anyone has any questions I'll be glad to answer them. I've been using hammocks for about 5 years. I struggle a bit with underquilts but I've got something I've been experimenting with. If ya'll want to check out my setup it's cool with me. I know not everyone has been in the woods their whole life.

Return to “South”