Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

2016 Lighthouse and Lobster Hang

Post by hk2001 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Figured I'd drop a note here as well.

September 9th-11th we'll be having the third annual Lighthouse and Lobster Hang in Phippsburg Maine.

This hang is 100% unaffiliated with any groups or websites.

Signup sheet at http://www.tinyurl.com/LLHangSign

I've started up a blogger account to help everyone stay on the same page (mainly concerning the raffle) But it includes info on when/where etc.

http://www.lighthouseandlobsterhang.com/

Justin
Customer Experience, Ripstop by the Roll LLC
justin@ripstopbytheroll.com | ripstopbytheroll.com

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Re: 2016 Lighthouse and Lobster Hang

Post by UncleMJM » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:21 pm

What a great post! I may plagiarize parts of it as you've got some great ideas.
hk2001 wrote:Figured I'd drop a note here as well.

September 9th-11th we'll be having the third annual Lighthouse and Lobster Hang in Phippsburg Maine.

This hang is 100% unaffiliated with any groups or websites.

Signup sheet at http://www.tinyurl.com/LLHangSign

I've started up a blogger account to help everyone stay on the same page (mainly concerning the raffle) But it includes info on when/where etc.

http://www.lighthouseandlobsterhang.com/
I especially like the 100% unaflicted with any groups or websites. (sp choice intentional) :lol:

Using a blog for details is a great idea which I'd love to steal for our Texas hang which is equally open to all and not beholden to any.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:13 pm

I'm going to make a note (and a request) for next year. I'm from Manchester, NH and I've promised my mother a visit but wasn't able to get up there this year.If you can keep this thing in about the same September time frame, I'll schedule my trip up there around that date----and explain it to the Little Colonel later. A drive up the coast always seems to make the women folk happy anyway.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

hk2001
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hk2001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:35 pm

sarge wrote:I'm going to make a note (and a request) for next year. I'm from Manchester, NH and I've promised my mother a visit but wasn't able to get up there this year.If you can keep this thing in about the same September time frame, I'll schedule my trip up there around that date----and explain it to the Little Colonel later. A drive up the coast always seems to make the women folk happy anyway.

This will ALWAYS coincide with the Maine open lighthouse day, which is the Saturday to following Labor Day. So that would put the hang at Sept 8-10 2017.
Justin

hk2001
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by hk2001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:43 pm

UncleMJM wrote:What a great post! I may plagiarize parts of it as you've got some great ideas.

I especially like the 100% unaflicted with any groups or websites. (sp choice intentional) :lol:

Using a blog for details is a great idea which I'd love to steal for our Texas hang which is equally open to all and not beholden to any.

Plagiarize away! I chose my wording carefully with that posting.. Because there are some organizations and/or websites based in that vicinity that have left a bad impression on some people and vendors.

The Blogger was just an easy (and cheap) middle ground. Some people don't go to website A, some don't go to website B, some hate facebook.. It gets hard to make sure everyone keeps up. Now, I post in 1 spot.
Justin

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:22 pm

hk2001 wrote:Plagiarize away! I chose my wording carefully with that posting.. Because there are some organizations and/or websites based in that vicinity that have left a bad impression on some people and vendors.

The Blogger was just an easy (and cheap) middle ground. Some people don't go to website A, some don't go to website B, some hate facebook.. It gets hard to make sure everyone keeps up. Now, I post in 1 spot.
Thanks. I will likely draw on your ideas. I'm a strong believer in recycling and using the best of what I encounter.

W/respect to sites and pages, you and I are exactly on the same page. :-)

Return to “New England”