Coolerking
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: How's it hanging...?

Post by Coolerking » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:56 am

I found handy hammock far too late! Wish idve thought about something like hay sooner as I may have been able to get one, being in the uk, it would have been ideal.
Looking forwards to seeing this one though.

Flatliner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Flatliner » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Raftingtiger's system works with any hammock. I'm using it with a blackbird xlc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

Just a middle age guy who likes doing outdoor things with his great kids...

ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:27 pm

Coolerking wrote:Image
I love these lights! I just bought a set of ridgeline lights from Dutchware Gear and I can't wait to try them out!
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

Coolerking
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Coolerking » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:59 pm

ADVStrom14 wrote:
Coolerking wrote:Image
I love these lights! I just bought a set of ridgeline lights from Dutchware Gear and I can't wait to try them out!
Thanks buddy, these are the 'luminoodle' from power practical, I love them....so much so that I have a couple of sets and a couple of their latest Kickstarter versions on order. I did a couple of videos on them on my YouTube channel.
But ridgeline lights, whatever they are, come in really handy, they're good on power and when you're surrounded by total darkness, provide just the right amount of light you need. I can manage to read a book with mine.

Mophead
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Mophead » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Flatliner wrote:It's the new one from raftingtiger. Totally awesome, I'll post a full review in the next few days.

What type of stakes or anchoring are you all using with this set up?

Flatliner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Flatliner » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:18 am

I was raftingtigers 'fat guy' tester (6'5" 250 lbs) and anchors were the issue for me. On first pass I bent the pole but that was really user error, then it required several attempts to find workable anchors. What I'm doing now works great but I am now experimenting with lowering the system weight.
I use 12 inch nails from Home Depot. The first one is drilled into a length of al tubing at a 70 degree angle, the three off that are punched in like traditional tent stakes. All the lines are 7/64 amsteel UCRs.

Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Flatliner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

How's it hanging...?

Post by Flatliner » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:21 am

The beauty of her system is it is also a lightweight hiking pole. Truly multi use. The strutting system isn't unique to her or handy hammock, sailing ships have used it for centuries. I do think she has some killer design elements that are just plain genius.

Flatliner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Flatliner » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Here is a link to her website if anybody is interested. Also, I am happy to answer any questions via PM or publicly here. To be clear though, I am not connected with the business except that I volunteered to be her 'big man' and I have offered her some modest design feedback in that context. For any truly technical questions you would need to contact her directly.

http://tiggzcraftworkz.com/index.html

Return to “New Hanger Central”