bodhran4me
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Ensure Your Safety

Post by bodhran4me » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:40 am

Just saw this link on another forum and thought it worth mentioning here. Who would have thought a brick pillar ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyYj6xE2yHs

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Ensure Your Safety

Post by sarge » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:49 am

Sad.

These days, most pillars or columns made of brick or stone are decorative architechtural elements designed to give the appearance of strength, but only have enough structural integrity to support themselves.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by rhjanes » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:51 am

Modern stuff, houses and such, the bricks are not structural at all or very rarely. Even if say a tube is inside the decorative bricks, it's purpose is holding up that VERY heavy roof.....and now there is a side load that wasn't designed for........
I built onto our house years ago. I had to remove the bricks from 25 percent of the house. Took about 3 hours with a wide "mortar" tool and a 2 pound hand-held sledge hammer. NOT STRUCTURAL.
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

bodhran4me
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bodhran4me » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:46 am

My dad as in real estate and he always pointed out the difference between brick construction and brick clad homes.

Return to “New Hanger Central”