Zortswife
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Calling all vapers

Post by Zortswife » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:38 pm

Zort mentioned that Tyler was vaping this weekend and I know there's more and more of us at each camp out. I was hoping to gather up some tips and tricks for keeping batteries and equipment safe in Texas Hell Season and what not. So let's gather info together? What do you use for charging while on the trail? Do you keep a single, unused, earplug in your drip tip to keep the creepy crawlies out? Any information shared would be appreciated.

Oh and as the Hueys can attest to, keeping things charging in a vehicle can and will kill your car battery. Love ya guys.

Polkster13
Reactions:
Hammock: DH Sparrow (#3008)
Tarp: OES MacCat Std
Suspension: Whoopie Slings
Insulation: WL 20* Full UQ

Re: Calling all vapers

Post by Polkster13 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:06 pm

Monoprice external battery when I am doing more than 3 days on the trail. Usually, I just put the iPhone in "airplane mode" and mainly use it for a camera.

Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Baby Huey » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Anker 20,000 mah charging block will charge my micro USB mods a 4-6 times as well as top off my phone. I have not been able to test out my SunJack solar setup fully, so it should also be able to charge them. For mods that use 18650's, I just bring extra batteries when at a primitive site.
"Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place."
-Capt. Malcolm Reynolds-

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by rhjanes » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Airplane mode on the phone saves a LOT. I ran my IPHONE for 8 and 10 hours up on the Eagle Rock Loop (ZERO cell service) and ran the MayMyHike app to track my miles using GPS. The MOST the phone discharged was discharged, was 50 percent. That day, I shot perhaps 10 photos with it and several videos of like 1 and 2 minutes each (I had a pocket camera also and did photos on it) I have an Anker recharger also. I used that to recharge the phone. I'd plug it in when I got to camp, use my InReach to send a text to wife, set up camp and with the IPHONE on AirPlane mode, it would be fully charged QUICK. I'd then let it charge my IPOD also. In 3 days and 3 nights. the Anker only discharged like 20 percent! AND, I used it one night as my headlight decided to not work, and the Anker has a small light on it which I could see around camp and to read with.
Make sure you have the Anker in a ziplock with the cords to recharge any devices.
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

Tyler
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Tyler » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:55 pm

This weekend I brought an extra 18650 and my external power bank. That's usually all I bring. If I'm going out for more than 4 days I'll bring my other power bank as well.

Tyler
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Tyler » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:57 pm

As for ear plugs in the drip tip, that's not something I've ever heard of. Good idea though.
My mod is always in my pocket, or rl organizer so I've never worried about it.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”