Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: UGQ WD 13ft
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

Whatcha gear are you working on?

Post by Karla (with a k) » Wed May 02, 2018 9:39 am

I'm curious what new gear, planning improvements, or tweaks you are making to any and all of your camping gear.

◘ Feb. 14-16: DaShack Hang ◘ April: SprinterGiving ◘ May 17-19: 3rd Annual BACONFEST @ Devil's Lake S.P. ◘ May 31- June 2: Kickapoo Valley Challenge @ Wildcat Mtn SP ◘ ◘ 36 months of camping at least one night each month ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k

Heckathorn
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Whatcha gear are you working on?

Post by Heckathorn » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:58 am

I'm actually at a sweet spot where I have everything working properly and doing its job. Boring, I know. At this point, I may look to outright replace a couple of things just to mix it up a bit, but there's no rush. Are you working on anything yourself, Karla?

Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: UGQ WD 13ft
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

Post by Karla (with a k) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:32 am

Like EVERYTHING! I've been hammock camping for two years now and they just came out with teal fabric this year. I've been testing everyone else's gear to see exactly how I want to make my own.

This month I'll be making my first double layered hammock and with that I'll make new continuous loops and a new ridgeline.
◘ Feb. 14-16: DaShack Hang ◘ April: SprinterGiving ◘ May 17-19: 3rd Annual BACONFEST @ Devil's Lake S.P. ◘ May 31- June 2: Kickapoo Valley Challenge @ Wildcat Mtn SP ◘ ◘ 36 months of camping at least one night each month ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k

brianb2
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Double Layer
Tarp: DIY Asym or Winter
Suspension: Mule Tape and Becket
Insulation: DIY Integrated UQ

Post by brianb2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Good luck on the double layer. Double layer is my preferred hammock style. I've made 3 double layer hammocks that have the underquilt permanently sewn to the second layer. The underquilt by itself is good to the 40's, and I can either layer another underquilt underneath or use a pad in between the layers. I also use a SLS (single line suspension) and a simple asym tarp, all DIY. It's a simple solution that I now love and don't see myself changing from anytime soon.
Family motto - we may joke, but we don't judge.
Trail Name = Beans

thanhliem24
Reactions:
Hammock: Hammock Stand
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by thanhliem24 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:21 am

I think you should use GPS device.
I am finding a hammock at best hammock.
My site: best above ground pool.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:34 pm

Always testing! Have a new synthetic UQ from AHE designed just for the WB RR bridge, tested it last night at 30F, nice and toasty. Also tested a 30F TQ from Sierra Madre, toasty also. I am testing a new hammock design from a manufacturer, love it, but have not been given OK to post about it yet.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”