BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: Dog owners live longer

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:22 am

I can only hope it also applies to cats, as we now have 3 of the rascals. I most likely would have zero except for my wife's influence. We had one- Booger- for 19 years before he died and I buried him in the back yard. I was always a dog person and never cared much for cats, but that little devil and I had really bonded over the years, and his death was amazingly hard on me. But then I was pretty happy having no cats until my wife started lobbying for one after several months. So we got 2- brother and sister- because we figured it wouldn't be much harder to take care of 2 than one, and they would have each other to play with when we go away on trips. After about 5 years or so, our son "offered" for us to take his cat, who he said if we didn't he was going to take back to the shelter. After that cat ( an unusually loving cat and our 1st ever retriever cat-mind blowing- she will retrieve that toy mouse all day long) had already bonded to the entire family and especially the grandkids, no way my wife was going to let that cat go back to the shelter. So now we have 3.

So now, I am bonded to 3 cats. Hard to believe sometimes. Hope it is good for me!
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Maybe I need to factor that in to my retirement planning.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:40 am

GregD wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 pm
Maybe I need to factor that in to my retirement planning.
LOL! For sure!
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”