Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: ENO Housefly
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

REI Garage Sale Finds

Post by Karla (with a k) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Who went to REI's garage sale this weekend? What did you find? How good was the deal? Show us your pics!
Last edited by Karla (with a k) on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

◘ Oct. 14-16: Michigan Chili Festival & Hang ◘ Nov 10-12: Packer/Bear Hang @ Bong ◘ Dec 8-10: DaShack Hang @ Iola, WI ◘ May 18-20: BACONFEST 2018 @ Lake Kegonsa SP ◘ My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/karlawithak216

Polkster13
Reactions:
Hammock: DH Sparrow (#3008)
Tarp: OES MacCat Std
Suspension: Whoopie Slings
Insulation: WL 20* Full UQ

Re: REI Garage Sale Finds

Post by Polkster13 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:35 am

Not every REI has a Garage Sale on the same day. We have three REI stores in the Austin area and I know that they stagger their Garage Sales.

Karla (with a k)
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY
Tarp: ENO Housefly
Suspension: Ultimate Straps
Insulation: DIY

Post by Karla (with a k) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Polkster13 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:35 am
Not every REI has a Garage Sale on the same day. We have three REI stores in the Austin area and I know that they stagger their Garage Sales.
You are lucky! I didn't know if this latest one was a national or regional sale. I'm guessing since you didn't indicated that you had one in Austin that my sale was a regional one. All my Wisconsin stores had one this last weekend.

Ok, just checked. You have one coming up next month in Austin. Good luck hunting to you!
◘ Oct. 14-16: Michigan Chili Festival & Hang ◘ Nov 10-12: Packer/Bear Hang @ Bong ◘ Dec 8-10: DaShack Hang @ Iola, WI ◘ May 18-20: BACONFEST 2018 @ Lake Kegonsa SP ◘ My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/karlawithak216

Polkster13
Reactions:
Hammock: DH Sparrow (#3008)
Tarp: OES MacCat Std
Suspension: Whoopie Slings
Insulation: WL 20* Full UQ

Post by Polkster13 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:15 am

I have attended them in the past and scored some nice finds. But, like any garage sale, it is hit or miss depending on what you are in the market for and can afford. Being a lightweight backpacker, a kayaker and a hammock hanger, most of the stuff at REI that I want I have already purchased or it is too heavy. Most of what I look for these days is clothing and replacement items that wear out (hiking shoes) and so forth. But it is always fun to look if you have the time and patience to spend the morning there.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”