Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Rigging the Coscto Down Throw Underquilt

Post by sarge » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18xqj5ZKF0c

Here's how to rig the Costco down Throw underquilt we built in the last video, along with some commentary about it and what you can expect out of it.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Zort
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Rigging the Coscto Down Throw Underquilt

Post by Zort » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:21 pm

So there I was. Had my hammock strung up in the back yard. Had my Sarge approved Costco down throw UQ and Booster fresh off the assembly table. Took my laptop outside to step-by-step set it up. Attache the 2 main biners, check. Attach the the four small s-biners to prussiks on the ridgeline...hmmm, integrated bug net...it was as if Lucy had just pulled the football out from in front of me. AAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I think I found a suitable work around, and unlike Charlie Brown, after flying thru the air, I landed flat on my back, in a very warm hammock. Can't wait for next weekend to really give it a go.
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can get someone else to do for you today.

My Youtube Channel

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Rigging the Coscto Down Throw Underquilt

Post by sarge » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:03 pm

It appears 'tis time to explore the mysteries of a supplemental ridge line.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Return to “Costco Down Throw Blanket DIY”