sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

VIDEO: The $15.00 Camp Chair

Post by sarge » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:10 am

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

heisssenberg
Reactions:
Hammock: 90x130 tablecloth
Tarp:
Suspension: whoopie slings
Insulation: UGQ 40 UQ

Re: VIDEO: The $15.00 Camp Chair

Post by heisssenberg » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:57 pm

So what's the stated weight limit on that miniscule stool?

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:23 pm

heisssenberg wrote:So what's the stated weight limit on that miniscule stool?
Yannow, I'm just gonna say no more than a full nalgene bottle---just to be safe.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

HammockMama
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by HammockMama » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Thanks, Sarge!

I just ordered one of these chairs from Deal Extreme. It folds compactly enough to fit into an under-seat carryon bag, and might be lighter if one either ditches the bag or makes a lighter one. I think it will be low enough to allow me to sit on it inside a beach shelter or maybe my Gatewood Cape.

HammockMama

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:21 am

HammockMama wrote:Thanks, Sarge!

I just ordered one of these chairs from Deal Extreme. It folds compactly enough to fit into an under-seat carryon bag, and might be lighter if one either ditches the bag or makes a lighter one. I think it will be low enough to allow me to sit on it inside a beach shelter or maybe my Gatewood Cape.

HammockMama
Well, for me it makes a much better side table than chair. I picked up a chair from Bang Good that I'll be testing this weekend. Look for a video soon.
My You Tube Channel

HammockMama
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by HammockMama » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:44 am

A side table is a nice luxury. I'm thinking of the small chair as easily packable whether for foot travel or vehicle, again, as well as fitting under a low shelter, and for pulling out as a quick and dry seat nearly anywhere. People have been known to be stung or bitten after sitting on logs or the ground. I'm thinking of a hiker I know who sat on a log that concealed a yellow jacket nest and FL hikers who shared with me that sitting on the ground under a palmetto could well result in a case of chiggers. Swell, huh?

Another hammock buddy suggested that chair would be a great side table for a hammock. For times we gather and don't have to go far, it may be just the ticket. There are too many of us for a fire close to hammocks used as chairs plus there is the danger of spark damage. Win-win!

Thanks for sharing.

HM

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Well, I can report that the $15.00 Camp chair does indeed make a nifty side table in camp, and that it makes an even niftier foot stool for the camp chair that I have found that will replace the A-Lite Monarch---video to follow soon.

I can also report that it does make a tollerable camp chair for someone who is more young, spry, and limber than 62 year old fat me---video on tya coming soon as well.
My You Tube Channel

HammockMama
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by HammockMama » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:29 am

Well, good luck on that one to both of us. I'm 65, so looking to stay off of the ground, probably just as much as you. Spry I'm happy to still be able to spell it...

Roche
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Roche » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:44 am

sarge wrote:Well, I can report that the $15.00 Camp chair does indeed make a nifty side table in camp, and that it makes an even niftier foot stool for the camp chair that I have found that will replace the A-Lite Monarch---video to follow soon.

I can also report that it does make a tolerable camp chair for someone who is more young, spry, and limber...
And that's the problem, the young don't need camp chairs. It's the folks who legally played dodge ball in grammar school - those injuries are now catching up to us.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:15 am

Did a follow up on this:

viewtopic.php?f=49&p=1742#p1742
My You Tube Channel

DuxDawg
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by DuxDawg » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:49 am

Boy howdy, I thought we were getting somewhere when you showed the weight and the "dream" shot. Ah, but then the "reality" shot completely destroyed the dream... *sob*. lol. At least you found a silver lining. Awesome review!
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 NASB
"The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 NASB

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:25 pm

DuxDawg wrote:Boy howdy, I thought we were getting somewhere when you showed the weight and the "dream" shot. Ah, but then the "reality" shot completely destroyed the dream... *sob*. lol. At least you found a silver lining. Awesome review!
Thanks for watching!

My sorrow knew no bounds until I decided to use it as a table-----

But fear not! There's a video coming out before the end of the week that might bring a happy ending.
My You Tube Channel

Jnunniv
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Jnunniv » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Did you say "happy ending?" I'm not sure I want to see that video....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Jnunniv wrote:Did you say "happy ending?" I'm not sure I want to see that video....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yah---there IS a bit of a warning about googling the company I got it from----
My You Tube Channel

SGT Rock
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by SGT Rock » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm

One of the thing I have always loved about my open top hammocks is everywhere I go I have a lounge chair with me and it is already set up under my tarp in case it rains.
No Sniveling!

Return to “Camp Furniture”