sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: VIDEO: The $15.00 Camp Chair

Post by sarge » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:40 pm

SGT Rock wrote:One of the thing I have always loved about my open top hammocks is everywhere I go I have a lounge chair with me and it is already set up under my tarp in case it rains.
Couldn't agree more for solo or two person set ups, but these days my trips are more a gaggle of freinds swapping lies around a campfire a couple miles in and most of us are old enough that it get hard to hear when we're sitting that close, let alone spread out into the woods.

Stuff like this is what works best for outings like that, IMO.

Having said that, I need to lighten my load up.

A lot.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Ksbcrocks
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Ksbcrocks » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Even when it's just two out there, I don't like camping right next to someone when I've got a whole forest to pick from.

Keehar
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Keehar » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Ksbcrocks wrote:Even when it's just two out there, I don't like camping right next to someone when I've got a whole forest to pick from.
Same here. It's nice to hang around in a central location, then kinda meander off to my hammock. And I place a certain value on having something to sit on. Enough of a value that I don't mind carrying a three leg collapsing hunting stool with me 90% of the time.
I understood at a very early age that in nature, I felt everything I should feel in church but never did. Walking in the woods, I felt in touch with the universe and with the spirit of the universe.

brianb2
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Double Layer
Tarp: DIY Asym or Winter
Suspension: Mule Tape and Becket
Insulation: DIY Integrated UQ

Post by brianb2 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:54 pm

I built a Jerry chair I've grown pretty fond of. Puts you on the ground, but I'm also a big fan of small fires and the two go well together. Weighs in at around 6oz I think, minus any insulation I use with it.

This isn't my pic, but gives you the idea if you're not familiar. Image
Family motto - we may joke, but we don't judge.
Trail Name = Beans

Jnunniv
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Jnunniv » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:12 am

brianb2 wrote:I built a Jerry chair I've grown pretty fond of. Puts you on the ground, but I'm also a big fan of small fires and the two go well together. Weighs in at around 6oz I think, minus any insulation I use with it.
]
This is what I use. I made a back pad for my Ohm out of a blue CCF pad and use it for insulation.

However, my pack weight is light enough I have been looking for something to get me off the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brianb2
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Double Layer
Tarp: DIY Asym or Winter
Suspension: Mule Tape and Becket
Insulation: DIY Integrated UQ

Post by brianb2 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:19 am

Jnunniv wrote: This is what I use. I made a back pad for my Ohm out of a blue CCF pad and use it for insulation.

However, my pack weight is light enough I have been looking for something to get me off the ground
Check out the @Sarges thread on a $35 camp chair. Looks like a good option.
Family motto - we may joke, but we don't judge.
Trail Name = Beans

HammockMama
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by HammockMama » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:04 pm

My $15 chair arrived in today's mail, so it took about 3 weeks to arrive. Not too bad from China to the east coast of the USA.

That said, I grabbed it as I was leaving for several hours. Now that I've taken it out of the package, it does look TINY and I will measure the length and height when I return home. Yes it looks that small and is really close to the floor/ground. The first bad sign was the stuff sack's cord. It was in two pieces, just barely stuffed into the casing, so it came right out. Duh, it isn't connected in the middle. I have sewn it together and rethreaded it through the casing, but, did I say, DUH?

It is short enough fit into my suitcase for next week's flight to FL. I wonder what I will have to leave out, though? 22" carry-ons are not exactly huge.

Return to “Camp Furniture”