Life Imitates Art

Forum rules
Thought I'd do something constructive while drinking my morning coffee, so I decided to write a little something every day I'm not out in the woods. Just keep in mind, this is stuff I'm writing before I've finished my morning coffee
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Life Imitates Art

Post by sarge » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:29 am

In the plot to the movie God's Not Dead a College Professor tells his students that they will get a passing grade if they state that God is dead.
Its only a little bit different at a Middle School in Katy, TX.

Here's the thing: About 50 years ago, the Supreme Court ruled that saying prayers in school was a violation of the First Amendment. The reasoning was that a teacher or other school official leading a Prayer was tantamount to the Government endorsing Religion.

That principle should, therefore, also hold when teachers make statements that say religion, religious practices, and religious beliefs are based on myths.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

DuxDawg
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Life Imitates Art

Post by DuxDawg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:47 pm

sarge wrote: Here's the thing: About 50 years ago, the Supreme Court ruled that saying prayers in school was a violation of the First Amendment.
Which in itself is a violation of the 1st Amendment in my opinion.
The reasoning was that a teacher or other school official leading a Prayer was tantamount to the Government endorsing Religion.
Which dodges the issue of students being able to pray.
That principle should, therefore, also hold when teachers make statements that say religion, religious practices, and religious beliefs are based on myths.
Yup. Should.
Last edited by DuxDawg on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 NASB
"The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 NASB

Abner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Life Imitates Art

Post by Abner » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:31 pm

That was an excellent movie. Every High School student should see it.

Return to “The Morning Briefing”