Reflections From A Ten Day Road Trip

Forum rules
Thought I'd do something constructive while drinking my morning coffee, so I decided to write a little something every day I'm not out in the woods. Just keep in mind, this is stuff I'm writing before I've finished my morning coffee
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Reflections From A Ten Day Road Trip

Post by sarge » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:45 am

Just got back from making a ten day trip thru AR, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, and LA. Some random thoughts:

~The Smokies are great, but its as if they had taken the Ewok forest planet and put a huge chunk of it right in the middle of Mos Eisley. You can't get into or out of the place without going through the most wretched hive of scum and villainy ever---or at least its 21st Century North American commerical equivalent.

~If you are traveling eastbound on I-20 in AR and you need to use the rest room, just keep going until you get to Memphis.

~There's good food at Loretta Lynn's Restaurant in Hurricane Cove, TN

~Apparently, the employees at the firm hired to design the Evangeline Thruway in Lafayette, LA were required to have a breakfast of little cakes made by mixing peyote with hashish and cocaine washed down with a cocktail of vodka and MD 20/20 every morning during the entire design/construction process. I can't prove this, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

~AirBnB works and turns out to be cheaper than motels.

~If you are traveling off the Interstate in NC and you see a highway that goes straight to your destination---its a trap. There are no straight roads in NC.

~There are no straight roads in SC either.

~Jackson County TN is one of the most beautiful places on the planet, and Smith County is just as beautiful.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/kent.vining/vi ... 643858951/

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Return to “The Morning Briefing”