You know----

Forum rules
Thought I'd do something constructive while drinking my morning coffee, so I decided to write a little something every day I'm not out in the woods. Just keep in mind, this is stuff I'm writing before I've finished my morning coffee
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: You know----

Post by sarge » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Then, there's this.
We also treat other sites with respect. Politely referring folks to the best source of hammocking info on the net is absolutely encouraged. Using Hammock Forums to foster a spam campaign against another site is not. Doing it in the name of Hammock Forums is entirely inappropriate and misrepresents what this community stands for.
Funny the things they moderate with a strict interpretation, and the things they don't-----

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Abner
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Abner » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:48 pm

By "other forum" are you referring to HammockForums.net?
If so, I would add that I joined that forum a few days after I joined this one and I still cannot post there. I have not received a response from the web master either.
I don't know why. I haven't been involved in ay drama on any forum in my life.
I'm thinking its a glitch.

Pine E. Woods
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Pine E. Woods » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:57 pm

I'll admit, I miss most of HF, but I'm not going back. I can be a fickle person, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. What's right is right.

Man, I sure miss the good laid back days of Cannibal, Angrysparrow, slowhike, and other mods. Oh well, the fun's over.

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:16 pm

Pine E. Woods wrote:I'll admit, I miss most of HF, but I'm not going back. I can be a fickle person, but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. What's right is right.

Man, I sure miss the good laid back days of Cannibal, Angrysparrow, slowhike, and other mods. Oh well, the fun's over.
I've done some hiking and backpacking with old Angrysparrow (aka Sam). He's a good guy, but I have not communicated with him since he left HF. I also know that that Slowhike is a good guy.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

KINGLONESTAR
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by KINGLONESTAR » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:07 am

I went thru a similar bit of drama at another forum about two years ago. I just don't get it. Can't we all just get along?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In vino veritas.

Coolerking
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Coolerking » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:09 am

I think they need to get a grip! I'm new and impartial to all this...was, it just seems that they're being very petty, small minded, childish...call it what you will. Regardless of any other influences, we all just want to hang and talk about hammocks.
I'm glad that this place is getting more traffic!

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:20 am

Coolerking wrote:I think they need to get a grip! I'm new and impartial to all this...was, it just seems that they're being very petty, small minded, childish...call it what you will. Regardless of any other influences, we all just want to hang and talk about hammocks.
I'm glad that this place is getting more traffic!
There's room for both on the internet, and probably a few more, but they don't seem to think of it that way.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Coolerking
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Coolerking » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:57 am

There definitely is! Just seems a bit petty of them if you ask me.

Return to “The Morning Briefing”