You know----

Forum rules
Thought I'd do something constructive while drinking my morning coffee, so I decided to write a little something every day I'm not out in the woods. Just keep in mind, this is stuff I'm writing before I've finished my morning coffee
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

You know----

Post by sarge » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Apparently the other site has blocked thier members from seeing the name of this site, and won't tell them why.

I bet they don't let them see the videos, either.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: You know----

Post by rhjanes » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:51 am

I've not looked today, but as of last night, there was a thread that asked "what/why/when" and was over 3 pages long within a few hours. Probably increased traffic here as people were Google Searching for it. Some then returned and replied on HF "Meh...what ever".
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:58 am

rhjanes wrote:I've not looked today, but as of last night, there was a thread that asked "what/why/when" and was over 3 pages long within a few hours. Probably increased traffic here as people were Google Searching for it. Some then returned and replied on HF "Meh...what ever".
Yah. I recognized the names. Its all personal, which is sad, because its based on my politics and they've never met me. One of them is deleting Facebook posts that direct people over here form pages he Admins.

Folks who tell you that they want to promote Hammocks and Hammock camping, and then delete Hammock camping stuff because they don't like the poster's politics really want to promote thier own politics, not Hammocks or Hammock Camping.

The good news is that we're getting noticed. I'm OK with that. I ain't ashamed of nothing here.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

brianb2
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Double Layer
Tarp: DIY Asym or Winter
Suspension: Mule Tape and Becket
Insulation: DIY Integrated UQ

You know----

Post by brianb2 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:37 am

Seems a bit unnecessary
Family motto - we may joke, but we don't judge.
Trail Name = Beans

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:26 am

brianb2 wrote:Seems a bit unnecessary
Yah.

It also looks like that they are messing with member's Private Messages, too.
My You Tube Channel

CooOkieCOOon
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by CooOkieCOOon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:12 am

I just saw this over there and laughed. What a joke. They've just set up a algorithm in the system for any time hammock hangers.net is submitted it gets automatically changed. Just like any profanities. Congrats, you're officially a profanity to the mods. Haha.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:19 am

CooOkieCOOon wrote:I just saw this over there and laughed. What a joke. They've just set up a algorithm in the system for any time hammock hangers.net is submitted it gets automatically changed. Just like any profanities. Congrats, you're officially a profanity to the mods. Haha.
I know. See if you can post one or two of my Down Throw videos over there. I bet they blocked the videos as well. Because, you know, they're all about hammocks n stuff.
My You Tube Channel

CooOkieCOOon
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by CooOkieCOOon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:24 am

sarge wrote:
CooOkieCOOon wrote:I just saw this over there and laughed. What a joke. They've just set up a algorithm in the system for any time hammock hangers.net is submitted it gets automatically changed. Just like any profanities. Congrats, you're officially a profanity to the mods. Haha.
I know. See if you can post one or two of my Down Throw videos over there. I bet they blocked the videos as well. Because, you know, they're all about hammocks n stuff.
Wouldn't surprise me.

DuxDawg
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by DuxDawg » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:59 pm

When I first joined that other site it had a really great vibe. Friendly, innovative, helpful. Then a few years ago that vibe changed dramatically and has gone nothing but downhill since. Sad.

But, the sun is still shining over here, birds are singing and people are laughing. Keep hikin' down this trail y'all!!
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 NASB
"The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 NASB

DuxDawg
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by DuxDawg » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:14 pm

So far links to Sarge's vids work on that other site. Inserting "hammockhangersdotnet" in place of the asterisks they insert to cover up "hammockhangers.net" flies through their filter... for now.
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 NASB
"The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 NASB

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by rhjanes » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Yeah, it is an easy Admin/Mod to update the "filter" table, to asteric out whatever they don't want. sort of depends on how dilligent the admins get bout it. (hammock - hangers - dot - net) and they see it and filter. Eventually they wind up with 20 filters for it....(HHDOTNET) becomes ******....etc.
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by rhjanes » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:05 pm

sarge wrote:
brianb2 wrote:Seems a bit unnecessary
Yah.

It also looks like that they are messing with member's Private Messages, too.
<<< interesting......I've heard of this on forums, but never seen it in person.
Call me Junior

brianb2
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Double Layer
Tarp: DIY Asym or Winter
Suspension: Mule Tape and Becket
Insulation: DIY Integrated UQ

Post by brianb2 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:15 pm

They're having an open discussion about it on one of the threads. Most folks are indifferent, saying there's room for more than one site.

There was a statement that the censoring was in response to some activity from this site. No idea and no interest in petty behavior.

I enjoy reading about things that interest me. It's a simple equation in the end, if there's compelling content for folks at both sites then both sites will likely thrive.
Family motto - we may joke, but we don't judge.
Trail Name = Beans

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by rhjanes » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:57 pm

brianb2 wrote:They're having an open discussion about it on one of the threads. Most folks are indifferent, saying there's room for more than one site.

There was a statement that the censoring was in response to some activity from this site. No idea and no interest in petty behavior.

I enjoy reading about things that interest me. It's a simple equation in the end, if there's compelling content for folks at both sites then both sites will likely thrive.
I enjoy reading thoughts and learning also. Interesting topic over there at HF :shock: . According to one, it is asterisked out due to all you bad people here, flaming over there. Oh, and one poster believes all who join other forums, should be banned from HF.....
Oh well. 10 years ago I was on the front lines of a three way war among Drum Builders forums......
Call me Junior

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:28 pm

rhjanes wrote:
brianb2 wrote:They're having an open discussion about it on one of the threads. Most folks are indifferent, saying there's room for more than one site.

I enjoy reading thoughts and learning also. Interesting topic over there at HF :shock: . According to one, it is asterisked out due to all you bad people here, flaming over there. Oh, and one poster believes all who join other forums, should be banned from HF.....
Oh well. 10 years ago I was on the front lines of a three way war among Drum Builders forums......

Yes;

And these are guys who are on a site where the owner provides no content, everybody who works for him does it for free, and they all send him $10 a year, every year, knowing that he's going to put most of that in his pocket.

Then they call this place a "cult".
My You Tube Channel

Return to “The Morning Briefing”