The Reason They Died

Forum rules
Thought I'd do something constructive while drinking my morning coffee, so I decided to write a little something every day I'm not out in the woods. Just keep in mind, this is stuff I'm writing before I've finished my morning coffee
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

The Reason They Died

Post by sarge » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:53 am

Is because they would not deny thier God.
“[He started] asking people one by one what their religion was. ‘Are you a Christian?’ he would ask them, and if you’re a Christian stand up. And they would stand up and he said, ‘Good, because you’re a Christian, you are going to see God in just about one second.’ And then he shot and killed them,” Stacy Boylen, whose daughter was wounded at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore., told CNN.

A twitter user named @bodhilooney,” who said her grandmother was at the scene of the carnage, tweeted that if victims said they were Christian “then they were shot in the head. If they said no, or didn’t answer, they were shot in the legs.”
A culture of Hate has been created in this country. A culture that increasingly demands Christians deny their God to participate in business and government. The fight we recently had in this country about Marriage Equality, a fight I supported despite what some might think, has only resulted in a culture that tells those pre-disposed to hatred and bigotry that they now have a different target, and that they will be rewarded with peer approval if they act on that hatred and bigotry. This new culture of Hate is worse than the one it replaced because it comes with the imprimature of approval of those who run our Government and Media. If you truly believe in Equality, as I do---if you truly want to erase Hatred, Bigotry, and Bullying from our Culture, then stand against this New Hatred, even if it hurts you politically.

And that's the real problem: people who will not act because it would be a tacit admission that somebody on the other side might have a point.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

DuxDawg
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: The Reason They Died

Post by DuxDawg » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:14 am

A few wise words from days of yore:

"But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint." - Edmund Burke

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 NASB
"The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9 NASB

Return to “The Morning Briefing”