Do NOT Get Into A Knife Fight With Carly Fiorina

Forum rules
Thought I'd do something constructive while drinking my morning coffee, so I decided to write a little something every day I'm not out in the woods. Just keep in mind, this is stuff I'm writing before I've finished my morning coffee
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Do NOT Get Into A Knife Fight With Carly Fiorina

Post by sarge » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:00 am

Do NOT Get Into A Knife Fight With Carly Fiorina. She will throat punch you and take away your knife, then use it and hers to kill you twice. Donald Trump got slapped around up by a girl last night.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Do NOT Get Into A Knife Fight With Carly Fiorina

Post by Scott » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 am

I did not get to watch it, but some selected clips. Some good shots by a few on stage landed well.

Regardless of policy, what I have seen from Trump is:
"if I talk louder than you, and call you names, and tell you how good I am, and interrupt you so you can't actually talk, I win"
last I checked, that is a bully, not a leader.

(we don't have to be PC in the bunker, right?)
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:40 am

PC is discouraged in The Bunker. Just be honest and respectful.

Sending me money on occasion helps, too.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Scott wrote:I did not get to watch it, but some selected clips. Some good shots by a few on stage landed well.

Regardless of policy, what I have seen from Trump is:
"if I talk louder than you, and call you names, and tell you how good I am, and interrupt you so you can't actually talk, I win"
last I checked, that is a bully, not a leader.

(we don't have to be PC in the bunker, right?)
Interesting observation. The same term, "bully" was heard in our living room. That was right before we switched to our recording of the Rangers thumping the Astros. I may or may not go back and watch the rest of the debate that I recorded.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:32 pm

I do think "bully" is the right word when describing the guy. A lot of bravado and braggadocio with a bunch of sycophants on the sidelines, but in the end when one of his victims fights back effectively, he's fishtailing all over the place.
My You Tube Channel

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Post by BillyBob66 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:11 pm

sarge wrote:I do think "bully" is the right word when describing the guy. A lot of bravado and braggadocio with a bunch of sycophants on the sidelines, but in the end when one of his victims fights back effectively, he's fishtailing all over the place.
I am sort of schizophrenic about this guy. On the plus side, he has said a few things that no one else has ever had the balls to say in our PC world, and some of those things have me cheering for him.

On the other hand he seems almost like a buffoon, it seems almost preposterous trying to imagine him as president. At least until I compare him to most of the usual suspects, who just seem to never get anything accomplished that is important to me, and sometimes- as soon as they are elected, seem like out right traitors to the conservative cause, which is what is important to me. They talk a good game during the elections, but once they get into office they either are not that much different than the other side, or at the very least totally ineffective even once they are occasionally in the majority.

Another thing is I don't know whether to believe him. For example, when trump starts talking about the Bible being so important to him: really? Somehow I just have trouble thinking about Trump being a dedicated reader of the Bible, but who knows? If he actually is, that would be great(IMHO), but I am having trouble believing him.

Still, Carly sounded pretty good last night. I also heard her say at least one thing that I have not heard any one else say, at least not that strongly, and at least not if they were running for office. Ordinarily I would never vote for a woman for president, though I would for most other offices, like governor for example. Now before Y'all shoot me, it's not even because I don't think a woman could do as fine of a job as any man, at least as president, (even if not for every job just as men can not do every job as good as most women IMO). No it's not that, it is simply because a woman can not be forced into military combat by way of a draft. Only men owe their country 6 years of their lives. Thus I don't feel it is right for a woman to be commander in chief of men that could be forced into combat, maybe even via her orders. So as a general principle, I would never vote for a woman as president. That is the theory anyway. In reality and from a practical standpoint, there have been several women over the years for whom I would be thrilled if they could get elected president. This Carly gal may turn out to be one of those. (There are some places where I would be drawn and quartered for speaking as honestly as I just did. I am hoping that won't be the case here. I apologize in advance if I was too offensive, but I was honest)
Bill
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:59 am

Trump is just a reflection and expression of the dissatisfaction that the Republican base has with the current Party Leadership, but then again Bernie Sanders is a reflection and expression of the dissatisfaction of the Democrat base with the Democrat Leadership. Nobody in this country is really happy with how the country is being run today.

We're being run by a Political Class composed of people who get into politics as a life long career for personal financial gain and they've figured out how to keep divisive issues alive for long periods of time to keep us at each other's throats, as evidenced by a guy who calls you a jerk without even meeting you based solely on what he sees on your Facebook Page. He's been led to beleive that this is what will get him his poltical satisfaction rather than voting out the idiots who have been sitting in office for decades while things just get worse.

The problem the Democrats have this time around is that the Republicans have a guy they can vent with for a while, then some alternatives to the current Leadership that they can turn to without having to accept the latest Crony the Party trots out in front of them. While Republican voters can scare the bejabbers out of the Leadership with the prospect of a President Trump, then turn to a Carson, Fiorina, or Cruz as truly viable alternatives that will challenge the current Leadership, and maybe even effect some change, the only alternative to Sanders that the Democrats have is Hillary or Biden. Hillary has so deeply damaged herself that its becoming increasingly unlikely that she'll win the nomination without a fight that will tear the Party to shreds (and a media campaign that will expose a lot about the charade of media campaigns), and the prospect of a lot of campaign commercials showing Joe Biden being Joe Biden must be making a lot of Republican media types having happy dreams, thier only alternative is to stay with their version of Trump and try to convince the United States that we need to be like Venezuela. They might decide in the end that might be easier than convincing people that Hillary's email problems are the invention of a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.
My You Tube Channel

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Scott » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:43 am

I agree that until we get a few major divisions of outlook balanced, we will never have much unity in the country, and the political class feeds that division. NONE of the 'civil rights' leaders want racial neutrality. As for accountability, the left wants to let people do what they want socially, but not take responsibility for it because some time back in history someone offended one of their ancestors, fired their grandpa, or whatever, so it is not their fault. They make policy to be nice, not realistic. The far RIGHT has some equally unrealistic views. The divide is big, and few people I know and talk to about it are trying to find some happy middle ground. They just want THEIR way to win. Another brother of mine who was conservative (I think he still is mostly) has worked for the Fed Gov't building roads for 40 years. He is in a high position overseeing a significant part of the country so has some experience on in the gov't world. He has told me recently that our elected officials need to represent ALL of us, not just their party. He is not naïve enough to believe that happens, but hopeful it will. I am much less hopeful. People don't want balance, they want their way. I can admire someone that has a thought out position, and is passionate about it. What annoys me is the misdirection and ignoring facts (both sides of the aisle), and not allowing a discussion to take place because we might actually learn something.

An aside point, but... We teach this "us against them mentality" from youth. Competition is not bad, don't get me wrong. But in a lot of ways schools are just state sponsored gangs. How many sports teams want to 'kill' their rivals. The rivals are 'bad' because of where they live (different neighborhood/territory). They have 'colors', and most schools have gang signs (hook'em horns anyone?). We teach this us against them thing. The bands and cheerleaders doing their unity things at the games is sweet, but the overwhelming message is our school is better, and those not at our school must be dominated. Fans are rude and vulgar, and the higher the level of play, the worse the fans. I have a degree in Exercise physiology, my kids played sports, my daughter is an athletic trainer, so we perpetuate that system.

Political soap boxes, we all got 'em.

Edited for typos -
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

Return to “The Morning Briefing”