If Anyone Has a Way to Contact Johnathon Coupal and the HYOH People

Forum rules
Thought I'd do something constructive while drinking my morning coffee, so I decided to write a little something every day I'm not out in the woods. Just keep in mind, this is stuff I'm writing before I've finished my morning coffee
sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

If Anyone Has a Way to Contact Johnathon Coupal and the HYOH People

Post by sarge » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:50 pm

I'd like to see if I can get an explanation of this:
Hi SargeVining,
We're writing to let you know that your pledge to HYOH Podcast has been removed.

You won't be charged for any new content that HYOH Podcast posts after this point. If you want to learn more about what you can expect to pay for your support this month, you can find more info here.

Your pledge has been removed because HYOH Podcast has blocked you from their account. This means you won't be able contact them or become their patron again.

Here are the most common reasons that creators block users on Patreon:
taking content without paying for it
bullying someone or just making them uncomfortable
posting spam or engaging in aggressive promotion
Some of these behaviors are against our Community Guidelines, but keep in mind that a creator on Patreon can block someone for any reason, even if that person hasn't broken the Community Guidelines.
Even though you've been blocked by HYOH Podcast, you can still continue to use the rest of Patreon to discover other awesome creators, and we hope that you do. Thanks again for all your continued support for creators.
Best,
Patreon Support
I pledged a monthly donation to HYOH over a year ago because they were making, and continue to make, a contribution to the Hammock Community.

We will NOT be blocking them from posting here.

But I really would like an explanation.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: If Anyone Has a Way to Contact Johnathon Coupal and the HYOH People

Post by BillyBob66 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Wow, what in the world? I think- but memory is hazy- they had contacted me sometime in the past wanting my input or participation on something they were doing about winter hanging. I was not sure how that worked- maybe some sort of live broadcast or podcast? - and responded saying I would be happy participate but they would need to explain how this worked. Something like that. But then I never heard anything more from them. I would guess this was before this winter. Hopefully you can find a way to contact them and find out what this is about. Hopefully it is not something regarding PC.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Nothing to add as a way to contact, just a comment... strange.

I'd think that an explanation would have come with the blocking but there I go thinking again,

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:09 pm

UncleMJM wrote:Nothing to add as a way to contact, just a comment... strange.

I'd think that an explanation would have come with the blocking but there I go thinking again,
The only explanation given was in the mail pasted above.

I really can't think of anything I could do that would be bad enough for someone to even not want to take my money.

I do hope its a mistake.

And I do hope its not because they have decided to discontinue the podcast.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

johnspenn
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY TCF
Tarp: KNT12
Suspension: Whoopie/MSH
Insulation: MAMW/UGQ 20*

Post by johnspenn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:27 pm

I don't think they're using Patreon any more. They have a PayPal link on their site now. There could be some transition confusion.

If you listen to the end of the latest podcast they give out their email addresses.

ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

Post by ADVStrom14 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:23 pm

Sarge, did you get this figured out?
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:46 pm

ADVStrom14 wrote:Sarge, did you get this figured out?
Its likely that they ended the Patreon thing.
My You Tube Channel

Return to “The Morning Briefing”