Memorial day

Forum rules
Here, you can discuss the Military, post comments of praise, thankfulness and congratulations to Active Duty and Veterans, ask questions about the Military and Military Service, and discuss all other matters affecting or relating to the Military. If you are Active Duty or a Veteran, shout out here. If you don't want the Military being discussed, please respect the rights of the people here to do so in peace. We respect that right, that's why this forum was created. Discussion should always be respectful of the people here. This Forum was not created for the purposes of you telling people they should not join, praise, or discuss the Military. We respect your right to do so, but will not allow that kind of discussion here.
kev137
Reactions:
Hammock: diy HyperD 1.6oz
Tarp: Warbonnet Mamajamba
Suspension: Whoopie slings tree
Insulation: DIY climashield/ Snu

Memorial day

Post by kev137 » Mon May 30, 2016 7:24 pm

It's Memorial day today and I hope everyone is having a good time ( and not working like i am, but whi can pass up double time pay). Also i hope everyone pauses and considers the sacrifices made that this day commemorates. I never served in the military, but have always had nothing but the deepest respect for those that do and have. Even at the height of my punk rock anarchy youth movement I never disrespected U.S. soldiers. I may gripe about my goverment, or my country, but will never complian about those who protect them.

So thank you to all those who died to protect my way of life. Thank you to the ones who gave everything. And thank you to those who served and to those who are serving. If i weren't at work i would toast you with a cold adult beverage.

" No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride", Hunter S. Thompson

Return to “The Military”