Liberals are supposed to be the ones who care, right?

All other Political discussion that does not affect our ability to enjoy the outdoors.
BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Liberals are supposed to be the ones who care, right?

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:24 am

And yet, they so often seem to do or favor things that are so uncaring. Now, on the one hand, we have the Obama admin allowing in thousands of immigrants from who knows where across our southern border, and in the case at least(If not others?) of the thousands of children that made it from Central America across Mexico to our border, actually spending tax payer money to put them on planes and transport them to the cities they (I suppose) said they had relatives in. And if memory serves, assigning government lawyers to them to plead their case. And at the same time, the Obama administration and liberals in general seem to be totally against the concept of removing any of these folks who have entered illegally, and are in favor of giving them welfare from the taxpayers money, and in favor of the sanctuary city concept. Oh, don't forget the grand finale: the active importation of multiple thousands of refugees from countries that have hey history of hatred and violence towards people of other religions(not to forget a history of hatred and violence towards one of the liberals favored groups, homosexuals. For example, throwing them off of roofs as crowds cheer). And of course, the taxpayer pays to get them here and then to support them once they are here, as in the case of the Boston bombers. It is possible that saying such a policy should be halted, more than anything else, has led to the intense liberal hatred towards Trump which has been on display since the election and continues unabated write up until a few days before the inauguration. So Obama and liberals can't seem to get enough of these folks.

But, there is always the other hand! This is particularly interesting to me as it goes hand-in-hand with a picture posted earlier by Sarge(I think it was Sarge). A picture of agents sent by the liberal Bill Clinton administration with an assault weapon in the face of the terrified family of Elian Gonzales, as he was about to be deported back to the Cuban Communist hellhole, after his mother manage to get him here even though she died in the journey.(I'm hazy on those details, something like that). But while Obama seems mainly interested in making sure that most of those who make it in across our southern border can draw our welfare and be left on harassed with no real fear of deportation, the sanctuary cities that fight the feds, and of course he desires to actively import large numbers of Muslims, he(and thus I assume liberals in general) does not appear to be quite so kindly disposed towards people escaping Communism:
http://www.manilatimes.net/obama-screwe ... ay/306712/
Off Topic
Obama ‘screwed’ us, angry Cuban migrants say ..............
PANAMA CITY: “Obama has screwed all Cubans,” Yadiel Cruz, a Cuban in Panama bitterly told Agence France-Presse on Thursday upon learning the US president has suddenly made it tougher for migrants like him to get into America.

The 33-year-old summed up what many compatriots were feeling as they digested the news in a Catholic shelter in Panama’s capital, a waypoint on their overland trek to the United States.

But, he declared, “for me, I’m not going back.”

Around him, dozens of other Cubans expressed sadness or anger.

Much of the fury was directed personally at US President Barack Obama for announcing that he has scrapped, with immediate effect, a 1995 policy that had given near-automatic entry to the US to Cubans who set foot on American soil, regardless of their visa status.

Now, like those who attempted to cross by water, they could face deportation back to Cuba unless they convince US officials they were afraid of being persecuted or had valid humanitarian reasons to be let in.

The move, made just days before Obama leaves office and hands the reins over to Donald Trump, known for his anti-immigration stance, rattled nerves, sparked frustration and evoked tears here.

Obama has ‘hurt us’

“We feel sadness because we are all coming with a dream that comes from pain, hunger and a lot of work to get this far,” said Lorena Pena, a woman four months pregnant who left Cuba with her husband and four-year-old daughter.

Obama, she said, “screwed up, because what he’s done is hurt us—so he really isn’t as good as everyone says.”

Ulises Ferrer, a carpenter from Havana, said: “We don’t know what we’re going to do now. But what we’re certain of is that we’re not going back to Cuba unless we’re dead.”....................................................
Now why do you suppose he, or maybe libs in general, would have such a different attitude towards Refugees from communist countries?

Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Re: Liberals are supposed to be the ones who care, right?

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:30 am

Oh, as always, I hope this is not fake news. If it turns out to be, I will delete it and apologize.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am

BillyBob66 wrote:Now why do you suppose he, or maybe libs in general, would have such a different attitude towards Refugees from communist countries?
I suppose Obama considers this one more step in normalizing relations with Cuba. I suppose the result is that Cubans trying to immigrate to the US are in the same situation as most everyone else coming from a country that is not an active war zone. I have no love of Castro but after 60 years or so maybe it is time to try a different strategy.

I'm pretty liberal and inclined to let everyone in that is clearly motivated to work hard to take care of themselves and their family. I'm also fairly prudent and concerned that wouldn't work out well; it seems we have a lot of people already here that are struggling.

Why do you think Obama has a different attitude towards refugees from Cuba? Why do you think that might also be true of "libs in general"?

Is THAT where Sarge got that photo? WTF? Obama sent lots of guys with guns out to round up and deport illegal aliens; he deported more than any previous president (http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/). Isn't that what many people want? And NOW you're criticizing him for eliminating a special "welcome to the USA" for a particular group of immigrants.

Your buddy Trump will have the authority to re-establish this special gift to Cubans in just a few days. If he doesn't do it, doesn't that make him just like Obama on this issue?

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:21 am

GregD wrote:
BillyBob66 wrote:Now why do you suppose he, or maybe libs in general, would have such a different attitude towards Refugees from communist countries?
I suppose Obama considers this one more step in normalizing relations with Cuba. I suppose the result is that Cubans trying to immigrate to the US are in the same situation as most everyone else coming from a country that is not an active war zone. I have no love of Castro but after 60 years or so maybe it is time to try a different strategy.

I'm pretty liberal and inclined to let everyone in that is clearly motivated to work hard to take care of themselves and their family. I'm also fairly prudent and concerned that wouldn't work out well; it seems we have a lot of people already here that are struggling.

Why do you think Obama has a different attitude towards refugees from Cuba? Why do you think that might also be true of "libs in general"?

Is THAT where Sarge got that photo? WTF? Obama sent lots of guys with guns out to round up and deport illegal aliens; he deported more than any previous president (http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/). Isn't that what many people want? And NOW you're criticizing him for eliminating a special "welcome to the USA" for a particular group of immigrants.

Your buddy Trump will have the authority to re-establish this special gift to Cubans in just a few days. If he doesn't do it, doesn't that make him just like Obama on this issue?
You mean this photo?
Image I think you know where, when, and why it was taken.

It was a law enforcement action undertaken by an administration from a Party that beleives Social Good can be done by making or interpreting laws that compel them to send men with guns into the bedrooms of sleeping children in order to do what's good for the child.

Its the same kind of cognitive dissonsance that compels them to defend a President who makes regulations that encourage people from one country to break the laws of this one to come in and take jobs away from Americans, and will change existing ones so that he can send people who escape oppressive dicatorships back to the place they escaped from to be punished.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Off Topic
I do not know, but he/they seem to have one. Could it be that they tend to feel friendly towards Castro and his successors and communists in general, so that they support them if they don't want their people escaping? Or could it be that Cubans escaping Castro's or other communist regimes tend to be more conservative than those crossing our southern border( aka future democratic voters ) who often go straight on welfare, most especially if they birth a child even 5 minutes after crossing( aka new citizen and future dem voter!)?

I have no idea. Any reason I came up with would be a wild guess. Of course the Muslims he seems to desire to flood the country with tend to be even more conservative than I am, so who knows? OTOH, he may have totally different reasons for wanting to bring that group in. He appears to have some sort of strong bond with them.

So I have no idea why, I am just pointing out a seeming contradiction in attitude towards different groups of immigrants. And how this one group thinks they have been royally screwed by Obama.

As for what "my buddy Trump" may or may not do about the Cubans trying to escape Cuba, I have no idea what he will or even should do. I'm just pointing out the strange difference in attitude Obama has towards different groups of immigrants.

Also, it just doesn't seem very caring considering it is from one of these guys that care so much. Seems to care a lot about helping Muslims get here, but doesn't seem to care much about helping folks escape communist hell holes. I mean, for someone who cares so much, he doesn't seem to care much about them.

Plus, while I was at it, I wanted to point out my Cuba refugee friends, and one semi-famous Cuban ref friend- or at one who least hangs with the big shots and I see him on TV now and then. My old Cuban refugee room mate, the pastor to the presidents, at the Church of The Presidents!

Return to “All the other Political Stuff”