How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

All other Political discussion that does not affect our ability to enjoy the outdoors.
BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:07 am

GregD wrote:
BillyBob66 wrote:His bowing to Muslim leaders pisses me off.
Why does this piss you off?

BillyBob66 wrote:His lying about feeling that marriage should be reserved for 1 man and 1 woman pissed me off.

You get pissed off about a lot of stuff.
Greg, I am debating if I should waste time and words trying to explain what should be self evident. At the moment, I am thinking I should not, maybe later.

Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:58 am

BillyBob66 wrote:
GregD wrote:
BillyBob66 wrote:His bowing to Muslim leaders pisses me off.

BillyBob66 wrote:His lying about feeling that marriage should be reserved for 1 man and 1 woman pissed me off.

You get pissed off about a lot of stuff.
Greg, I am debating if I should waste time and words trying to explain what should be self evident. At the moment, I am thinking I should not, maybe later.
Yes, you seem completely nuts to me as I'm sure I seem to you.

I know why those events make ME grumpy. In the first case I don't like the head of my country acknowledging men that have gained their prestige by claiming special knowledge of some invisible man, BECAUSE THERE IS NO INVISIBLE MAN THAT WE KNOW OF. In the second case I'm grumpy because that feeling discriminates against same sex couples that want only to live their lives the way that other couples get to live theirs.
But pissed off?

If you are going to quibble with Obama's lying, probably here because he probably was pro-marriage equality when he said this, and also his "if you like your doctor you can keep him", then please, what do you think of Trump, who opens his mouth and spews random crap that has no particular relationship with reality? Obama slips in lies here and there; Trump has no regard for truthfulness whatsoever. Sorry, that is off topic.

Also off topic. I'll agree to your point about the cake bakers if you agree (and probably even if you don't) that it is acceptable that same sex couples have access to the same benefits of civil marriage that opposite-sex couples get. Can you do it? Can you NOT impose your religious beliefs on the behavior of others? Y'all Conservative religious types - including Muslums BTW, really, really, really don't like people having sex in ways that don't conform to the "right" ways that your religion teaches. WE GET THAT. And with complete sincerity, we agree, YOU shouldn't have sex in ways that conflict with YOUR religious beliefs. But YOUR religious beliefs are not OUR religious beliefs. MY religious beliefs are that a) there is probably no invisible man in the sky, and b) even if there were, there is absolutely no reason to believe that you know anything about him. Consequently I reject ALL limitations that result from YOUR beliefs about that invisible man. We are not asking you to assist us in our sexual activities nor even approve of them. We are asking that you simply ignore that which does not affect you.

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:01 pm

GregD wrote: ......................

Yes, you seem completely nuts to me as I'm sure I seem to you......................
Thank you, I actually got a little laugh at of that very true statement! :D

Greg, you said earlier ( in this thread? ) that you were not sure you were up for, or had the energy- something like that- to go down this road. I feel the same way- at the moment- of starting down the whole marriage equality road again. I am not up for it at the moment. We each know exatly how the other feels and no minds are going to be changed so what's the point?

The part about marriage that I have mentioned in this thread was part of a list trying to respond to your inability to understand some folks intense dislike for the man. So I gave a long, yet incomplete list of ways he pissed me off. And one was that he- as Clinton had done before- looked the American folks right in the eye and said(paraphrase)" Well, I think gays should have some contract rights, but when it comes to marriage I believe it is between one man and one woman and furthermore - AS A CHRISTIAN - I have even more reasons to believe that." Then when asked if he favored a constitutional amendment regarding marriage, he said he did NOT because it had always been a states rights issue(as though he actually believed in states rights) and the constitution had nothing to say about marriage! (and how right he was! ) I think based on his lighting up the White House in rainbow colors in glorious celebration of the Supreme court's decision, we can safely say he was lying through his teeth. (as of course Hillary has told the exact same lie also) He got thunderous applause when he lied saying "1 man, 1 woman". He used that lie to pick off a few middle of the road votes, a lot of folks who were in the middle but who might not have been able to commit to him if they knew he was pro-gay marriage. And that unabashed, unhesitating lie pisses me off.

So, no doubt Trump lies through his teeth also. And worse for me, as far as I know Trump does not give a damn if gays get married or not. However, if the SC says Trump can not build a wall, and then I see Trump flying a Mexican flag at the WH in celebration, or if he starts procuring even more Muslims for importation and welfare- you can bet I am going to be just as pissed at trump for being the opposite of what he told me he was. Just as I was with GWB when he buddied up with Kennedy to greatly increase the Dept. of Education.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Oh, some things I listed make you grumpy, while some of those same things piss me off. Are you really concerned with the difference in Grumpy and pissed off?

GregD
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by GregD » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:25 pm

BillyBob66 wrote:

Yes, you seem completely nuts to me as I'm sure I seem to you......................
Thank you, I actually got a little laugh at of that very true statement! :D

Greg, you said earlier ( in this thread? ) that you were not sure you were up for, or had the energy- something like that- to go down this road. I feel the same way- at the moment- of starting down the whole marriage equality road again. I am not up for it at the moment. We each know exatly how the other feels and no minds are going to be changed so what's the point?

The part about marriage that I have mentioned in this thread was part of a list trying to respond to your inability to understand some folks intense dislike for the man. So I gave a long, yet incomplete list of ways he pissed me off. And one was that he- as Clinton had done before- looked the American folks right in the eye and said(paraphrase)" Well, I think gays should have some contract rights, but when it comes to marriage I believe it is between one man and one woman and furthermore - AS A CHRISTIAN - I have even more reasons to believe that." Then when asked if he favored a constitutional amendment regarding marriage, he said he did NOT because it had always been a states rights issue(as though he actually believed in states rights) and the constitution had nothing to say about marriage! (and how right he was! ) I think based on his lighting up the White House in rainbow colors in glorious celebration of the Supreme court's decision, we can safely say he was lying through his teeth. (as of course Hillary has told the exact same lie also) He got thunderous applause when he lied saying "1 man, 1 woman". He used that lie to pick off a few middle of the road votes, a lot of folks who were in the middle but who might not have been able to commit to him if they knew he was pro-gay marriage. And that unabashed, unhesitating lie pisses me off.

So, no doubt Trump lies through his teeth also. And worse for me, as far as I know Trump does not give a damn if gays get married or not. However, if the SC says Trump can not build a wall, and then I see Trump flying a Mexican flag at the WH in celebration, or if he starts procuring even more Muslims for importation and welfare- you can bet I am going to be just as pissed at trump for being the opposite of what he told me he was. Just as I was with GWB when he buddied up with Kennedy to greatly increase the Dept. of Education.
You don't know for sure that Ms. Obama did not, in fact, cause a rapid evolution in Mr. Obama. It seems to me that she could do it. Even in the (likely) case that he lied in order to pander to some middle-of-the-road voters, I would think those that voted for him because of that have reason to be pissed off. If you didn't vote for him anyway I don't see that you have standing to be offended; you weren't duped. My impression is that middle-of-the-road voters are in fact supportive of gay marriage. Then there are the not-so-middle-of-the-road Log Cabin Republicans, that I would expect are also supportive of it.

Trump has demonstrated that he will say anything that at the time he thinks makes himself look good, independent of reality or anything he might have said before. Getting pissed off because he does something different than he promised is about the same as getting pissed off at a fish for swimming. That is who he is. That was clear during the campaign. And enough people in the right places decided that was preferable to Hilary.

As far as States Rights goes, the Texas state constitution specifies a religious test for office holders. When that was enforced, I would not have passed. Discrimination imposed by a State is still discrimination. Gay marriage is legal; and so too is a person or church preaching against it. I fail to see how your religious beliefs are significantly impaired. Not by a long shot as impaired as those of people like me in the not-so-distant past. Thanks, buddy, I see how much you value MY religious freedom. Once you have the energy to revisit the topic you can explain to me how I've got it wrong.
BillyBob66 wrote:Oh, some things I listed make you grumpy, while some of those same things piss me off. Are you really concerned with the difference in Grumpy and pissed off?
Grumpy is a dwarf. Pissed off is Grumpy's disposition. Yes, I do consider whether one's level of emotional intensity on a issue seems proportionate or disproportionate to the issue. It reflects on the person's judgement. Passion is not conducive to logical thinking, open mindedness, or tolerance of others. It tends to shut down and shut out other voices. It can often be a means of intimidation. It can indicate arrogance. It is perfectly understandable if someone has a few sensitive topics, but someone that gets wound up over lots of topics is just a self centered bully.

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:28 pm

GregD wrote:
You don't know for sure that Ms. Obama did not, in fact, cause a rapid evolution in Mr. Obama. It seems to me that she could do it. .................
That sounds like almost the biggest load of BS I ever heard. And what would account for her rapid evolution, that just happens to happen to both of them AFTER he is elected president? So after 40 something years of age and many years with Michelle, and yet with such a strong opinion on the subject going into the election, Michelle convinces him how wrong he was for a lifetime shortly after his election to POTUS? I think I see how you can believe in evolution!
http://www.politico.com/story/2011/06/f ... age-057923
Off Topic
Passion is not conducive to logical thinking, open mindedness, or tolerance of others.
I have pointed out your passion a few times. You denied it, but it is self evident.

Off Topic
It is perfectly understandable if someone has a few sensitive topics, but someone that gets wound up over lots of topics is just a self centered bully.
So your a self centered bully? I wouldn't have gone that far, even if you have recently needed to go ad hominem by informing me how I am not a very nice person. But admittedly I then informed you some ways in which the same could be said about you.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:59 pm

GregD wrote:
sarge wrote:
GregD wrote:
I can understand people not liking him and/or finding his skills as president lacking. However I do not understand the intensity of the negativity expressed by many. No doubt different people have different reasons for their passionate dislike. The "he's a Muslim and not a US citizen" crowd (which includes Donald Trump) was clearly out of touch with reality; I don't know what to do in the face of such blatant irrationality. At least in this case you are referencing a reality-based-fact; he did indeed have a blacks-only social event. Is that surprising given that it was sponsored by BET? Or is BET also racist? Maybe we need to agree with the definition of racism. In particular whether racism the same as or different from race-based preferences, prejudices, and stereotypes.

I have concerns about how police interact with citizens and it has nothing to do with race or racism. In my view police procedures should be such that it doesn't matter if the officer is a member of the KKK, the citizen cannot be abused so long as procedures were followed. And those procedures should do a better job keeping officers out of harms way. A cop in Florida is dead this week after calling for backup and engaging with a wanted fugitive before backup arrived. Aren't we smart enough to figure out safer methods? Likely you disagree with much of this; sorry for going off-topic.

I don't know if I have the energy to go down this path with you. I would like to understand, but dealing with the negativity gets disheartening after a while.

Its easy to understand.

All you have to do is look at all the unhinged, hateful reaction to Trump on the other side and it all falls into place.
Are you saying it is nothing but unhinged hate? For Obama and Trump?
For both.

The overriding Truth here is that there are unhinged peole on both sides.

But the thing that damages us are those on both sides who are not unhinged who refuse to call out those on thier side because having all those screaming voices helps them politically.

Worse than that are the ones who fool themselves into believing, and then publicly averring, that its only the Other Side that does it.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:05 pm

sarge wrote:
GregD wrote:
sarge wrote:

Its easy to understand.

All you have to do is look at all the unhinged, hateful reaction to Trump on the other side and it all falls into place.
For both.

But the thing that damages us are those on both sides who are not unhinged who refuse to call out those on thier side because having all those screaming voices helps them politically.

Worse than that are the ones who fool themselves into believing, and then publicly averring, that its only the Other Side that does it.
Sarge, I have seen numerous videos and even main stream news stories showing examples of the unhinged stuff from the left. Stuff like the marchers shutting down free ways and emergency vehicles, people being dragged from their car and beaten. All of the "not my president" stuff and the threats to leave the country etc. I have not seen much from the right. Do you have some specific examples you are thinking of, stuff like the above, from the right? If I saw that kind of stuff coming from my side, I would speak out against it.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:06 pm

BillyBob66 wrote:
sarge wrote:
GregD wrote:
For both.

Sarge, I have seen numerous videos and even main stream news stories showing examples of the unhinged stuff from the left. Stuff like the marchers shutting down free ways and emergency vehicles, people being dragged from their car and beaten. All of the "not my president" stuff and the threats to leave the country etc. I have not seen much from the right. Do you have some specific examples you are thinking of, stuff like the above, from the right? If I saw that kind of stuff coming from my side, I would speak out against it.
The whole birth certificate thing, for one. The whole "He's a Muslim" thing for another. I've seen allegations that he was going to impose Martial Law before the Inauguration (saw that said about Bush too).
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:00 pm

sarge wrote:
BillyBob66 wrote:
sarge wrote:
For both.

The whole birth certificate thing, for one. The whole "He's a Muslim" thing for another. I've seen allegations that he was going to impose Martial Law before the Inauguration (saw that said about Bush too).
Well, certainly both sides say some rather extreme or unproven things. Allegations/accusations of this or that, often by sources that more and more both sides are calling fake news. I guess I am thinking more of either:

1:things that are actually done, such as all of the unrest and even threats of or even actual violence we have observed since the election. Or some very hateful and disrespectful things actually said by very well known people, including elected officials. You mention allegations of a call for martial law. But as far as I can determine ( apparently not fake news ) Rosie O'Donnell is ACTUALLY calling for martial law. Now notice that you also heard that said about Bush. How about when Obama was inaugurated, either time? Yes, certainly there had to be some whacko somewhere calling for martial law to keep Obama from assuming power, but no one of importance or fame that I heard of.

Now, folks may say "but who is O'Donnell, just some little known whacko". But just before she called for martial law, a long list of entertainment elites, all very well known, placed an ad, video and written, begging the electors to break their pledge and vote for some one besides Trump.

It is my opinion, subject to change, that the left/liberal/Dems dwarf the right when it comes to the sorts of things we have been observing since the election of Trump, and to a possibly significantly lessor degree with the election of GWB. Did we observe even a 1/10th of these things with either election of BHO? I do not think we did, correct me if I'm wrong. Even though tons of folks like me felt a similar disgust that our nation had just elected one whose mentor was Jeremiah Wright, the only IL. senate vote against the "infants born alive act", whose wife had said, during the campaign, "Let me tell you something. For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country..", etc etc., even though we were extremely unhappy with the election results, we did not advocate for the over throw of the election results, and I remember no violence in the streets or massive demonstrations with the theme of "not my president!".

So, yes, there are some on both sides. But I do not believe we are in the same league with the left when it comes to this crap we are seeing. As always, I could be wrong and will admit so if I see significant evidence that I am.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:19 pm

I'll agree its a question of degree.

Right now what we're seeing the folks on the Left coming to the sudden realization that not everybody loves them like they thought they would after what they've done and, as a result, they are no longer in charge and the media that enabled them is becoming increasingly irrelevant.
My You Tube Channel

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:37 pm

And BTW, about the "He is a Muslim" thing. I have always said that while he may not be one officially, or technically, that he at least appears to be one in his heart. I have based this on his history, statements and actions. His history is that his father and also I think his step father were Muslims, and he lived in Muslim country from age 6-10, where he attended public school where at least a bit of Islam was taught. (He also apparently attended a Catholic school at some point)

He is supposed to be a Christian. But if so, he is a Christian who has gone out of his way to bow down to and apologize for America to, and proclaim that America is NOT a Christian nation to Muslim leaders on their soil. He has taken every opportunity to praise Islam, while I don't think he has done much praise of Christ or Christianity that I can recall. Has he? If so, Y'all let me know when so I can alter my view if wrong. Plus, he seems to be very interested in importing huge numbers of Muslims to this country, at whatever risk for the citizen that may incur.

Not any of that, even taken all together, proves he is a Muslim, of course. Not even if just in his heart. But it does not seem unreasonable to me for questions to be raised. At least questions about whether he is biased towards Islam and Muslims. Especially once we observe his actions and statements in office. Hopefully the following old articles are not fake news:
http://humanevents.com/2010/08/19/obama ... -on-earth/
Off Topic
In foreign policy as well, Mr. Obama would bring to the White House an important experience that most other candidates lack: he has actually lived abroad. He spent four years as a child in Indonesia and attended schools in the Indonesian language, which he still speaks. (below quote taken from http://select.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/op ... nted=print& )

“I was a little Jakarta street kid,” he said in a wide-ranging interview in his office (excerpts are on my blog, http://www.nytimes.com/ontheground). He once got in trouble for making faces during Koran study classes in his elementary school, but a president is less likely to stereotype Muslims as fanatics — and more likely to be aware of their nationalism — if he once studied the Koran with them.

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”
Can a Christian really feel that way about the Muslim call to prayer, which includes "I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of ALLAH" and/or depending on translation "Kindly give Muhammad [S.A.W.S] the right of intercession and superiority and raise Him (on the Day of Judgment) to the best and the highest place in Paradise which YOU Promised Him.’"? I have never known a Christian that believes any of that about Muhammad, even if some claim that Allah is the same God of the Bible, which I do not agree with, but some do. I don't know of any Chritians, however, who would think it is a beautiful thing to pray that Muhammad be lifted up to the highest place in Paradise, which seems to be praying that he be lifted above Christ. Rater than beautiful, I would find that a severe blasphemy.

I also don't know any Christians who speak of the Holy Koran, do Y'all? Though essentially all Muslims do. Are the video clips below fake? ( you never know these days)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsnZi-Kn4pU
Last edited by BillyBob66 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:39 pm

I won't post the link, but if anyone is interested, search Snoop Dog Trump to see his profanity laced threats on BET(I think) of violence to any N****** who perform for Trump.

Has any one ever even heard of this amount of crap from even the worst racist red necks when either Bill Clinton or Obama came into power? It is like a national insanity, like an evil force has taken over the minds of so many. But, again, almost totally and consistently on one side. Such rage and hatred.

I can not even figure out where this hatred for Trump is coming from with the blacks. Trump rose to power saying things that no one had ever said before, saying what so many had been thinking for so long, and that main message was about stopping the flood of illegals from Mexico and later, after yet another terrorist attack, about stopping the flood of legal Muslims brought in by Obama. I am not aware that he ever said a word against blacks, and illegal aliens compete for jobs in the unskilled sector, and lower wages, in jobs that may well have more often been done by blacks than whites. There are places where black gangs war with Mexicans. Where is all of this intense hatred of Trump by blacks coming from? Is it just because it is perceived that Hillary Clinton would have been more likely to give them more free stuff, and less likely to take it away? Even if he has not threatened to do so?

Maybe it is because he spoke with such negativity about the man 95% of them voted for?

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:15 pm

And what irony that there are all of these threats to disrupt the inauguration and against entertainers who might perform and calls for martial law and masses of entertainers begging the electors to break their promise. What irony this is being done by the people who went on and on during the last weeks of the election condemning Trump for not guaranteeing he would accept the results of the election no matter what! Clinton called Trump's answer "horrifying," saying he was "talking down our democracy." This stuff sometimes seems almost unbelievable, like it is a movie script!

But, the more the insanity happens, the more people who voted against HC say "that, right there, is why she lost, because we know she represents these people, and these crazies and low lifes supported her".

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11 ... alert.html

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:22 pm

Also off topic. I'll agree to your point about the cake bakers if you agree (and probably even if you don't) that it is acceptable that same sex couples have access to the same benefits of civil marriage that opposite-sex couples get. Can you do it? Can you NOT impose your religious beliefs on the behavior of others? Y'all Conservative religious types - including Muslums BTW, really, really, really don't like people having sex in ways that don't conform to the "right" ways that your religion teaches. WE GET THAT. And with complete sincerity, we agree, YOU shouldn't have sex in ways that conflict with YOUR religious beliefs. But YOUR religious beliefs are not OUR religious beliefs. MY religious beliefs are that a) there is probably no invisible man in the sky, and b) even if there were, there is absolutely no reason to believe that you know anything about him. Consequently I reject ALL limitations that result from YOUR beliefs about that invisible man. We are not asking you to assist us in our sexual activities nor even approve of them. We are asking that you simply ignore that which does not affect you.
Greg, I don't much care if things go a little off topic, unless not bearing any connection to the discussion. Conversations tend to go here and there, one thing leads to another.

As to " Can you do it?", no I will not agree to limit anything on my part because I do not trust you to keep your word on this. Though, you individually may keep your word, your side can not be trusted as far as I can spit. The general trend from the left is far from just tolerance, they want to force participation and even acceptance/praise. They wish to enslave the other side. They wish to make us go away, as the thoughts in our heads are simply not PC, and just as in atheist Stalinist Russia, incorrect thinking is not acceptable. We must get our heads right.

So while YOU may concede on the bakers ( already bankrupted by the state by the way ), the folks you stand with and argue for will not. They will be, and are, coming after folks like me to try to force us to say certain words, not say other words, and to do many things we find repellent. They want to come into my church and force certain behaviors and acceptance. Biblical sermons will become hate speech, because it is simply not approved by the state to say that. These people have been known to show up at churches while throwing condoms(or worse) at the members and shouting "bring back the lions". The baker/photographer things are not an anomaly. It is the consistent path that side has taken, and it will not let up and there will be more in the future.

I actually am pretty OK with "We are asking that you simply ignore that which does not affect you.", if you would actually allow us to do that, and extend us the same courtesy. But you won't, you will always try and force us to bake those cakes, so to speak, or perform that abortion, or surgically mutilate a man to enable his fantasy that he is a woman (can't help much with those genes and chromosomes though) at which point it most certainly affects us.

Obama remains super busy in his last days trying to enslave as many folks as possible. If you are going to be a baker in the USA land of the free, you are going to have to bake cakes for the politically approved groups(but never forced to for unapproved groups) And if you are going to spend mega bucks and endless years to become a doctor, even if you are a Christian, you are going to have to perform abortions and do sex change surgeries. And if you are a baker or doctor in NY, you better also make sure you learn the new, correct pronouns to refer to these people by. Seinfeld's Soup Nazi ( remember him? Now that was freedom! ) simply could no longer exist in NY :
http://www.wnd.com/2016/12/judge-now-ho ... -for-kids/
Off Topic
A Texas court is expected to make a decision before New Year’s Day on one of President Obama’s newest transgender mandates, which would require doctors to provide transgender treatment for kids who desire it.

That treatment would be required under Obama’s federal rule even if the physician is convinced it would harm the child.

The case was brought by the Becket Fund on behalf of the Christian Medical & Dental Associations, the Franciscan Alliance and the states of Texas, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska and Wisconsin.

Another case on the issue also has been filed on behalf of the Religious Sisters of Mercy, Sacred Heart Mercy Health Care Center in Jackson, Minnesota; Sacred Heart Mercy Health Care Center in Alma, Mississippi; SMP Health System; the University of Mary; and North Dakota......................The Obama move came after the administration simply changed the historical meaning of the word “sex.”

For decades, across multiple federal statutes, Congress has consistently used the term ‘sex’ to refer to an individual’s status as male or female, as determined by a person’s biological sex at birth. But in the regulation, HHS redefines ‘sex’ to include ‘an individual’s internal sense of gender, which may be male, female, neither, or a combination of male and female, and which may be different from an individual’s sex assigned at birth.'”

The Obama administration has done this, “despite the fact that Congress has repeatedly rejected similar attempts to redefine ‘sex’ through legislation.”

Federal courts also have rejected such efforts, the complaint notes...........
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-o ... SKBN14L0OP
Off Topic
A federal judge in Texas on Saturday issued a court order barring enforcement of an Obama administration policy seeking to extend anti-discrimination protections under the Affordable Care Act to transgender health and abortion-related services.

The decision sides with Texas, seven other states and three Christian-affiliated healthcare groups challenging a rule that, according to the judge, defines sex bias to include "discrimination on the basis of gender identity and termination of pregnancy."

In granting an injunction one day before the new policy was to take effect, U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor held that it violates the Administrative Procedure Act, a federal law governing rule-making practices.

The judge also ruled that plaintiffs were likely to prevail in court on their claim that the new policy infringes on the rights of private healthcare providers under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

As explained in O'Connor's 46-page opinion, the plaintiffs argued that the new regulation would "require them to perform and provide insurance coverage for gender transitions and abortions, regardless of their contrary religious beliefs or medical judgment."

The same judge issued a similar court order in August blocking a separate Obama administration policy that would have required public schools, over the objections of 13 states, to allow transgender students to use restrooms of their choice.

It was not immediately clear whether the Obama administration, which has just 20 days left in office, would seek to appeal the latest injunction.

White House spokeswoman Katie Hill decried the ruling.

"Today's decision is a setback, but hopefully a temporary one, since all Americans - regardless of their sex, gender identity or sexual orientation - should have access to quality, affordable health care free from discrimination," she said.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, was passed in 2010 with an anti-discrimination section designed to prevent insurers from charging customers more or denying coverage based on age, race, national origin, disability or sex.

The rule in dispute on Saturday was adopted by the U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Department to implement those provisions, including definitions for sex discrimination that encompassed transgender and abortion services.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... s-to-perf/
Off Topic
Now the Department of Health and Human Services has taken Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, which prohibits “sex” discrimination in the provision of health care, to mean that hospitals, insurance companies and other health care entities that receive federal funding must cover or perform abortions and sex-reassignment surgeries, even if doing so would violate their religious beliefs.

The rule was finalized in May and was to go into effect on Sunday.

But the legal battle escalated over the weekend when a federal judge in Texas on Saturday blocked the Obama administration mandate one day before it was set to go into effect. U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor is the same judge who, four months earlier, blocked President Obama’s order compelling public schools nationwide to permit bathroom and locker room access on the basis of gender identity.

In issuing a temporary restraining order Saturday, Judge O’Connor said the Department of Health and Human Services lacked a basis for interpreting Obamacare’s prohibition against “sex” discrimination to apply to other characteristics, including “gender identity” and “termination of pregnancy.”................“Prior to the passage of the [Affordable Care Act] in 2010 and for more than forty years after the passage of Title IX in 1972, no federal court or agency had concluded ‘sex’ should be defined to include gender identity,” Mr. O’Connor wrote in his decision.............
The regulation also interpreted Section 1557 of Obamacare as prohibiting discrimination based on “termination of pregnancy.” Mr. Nussbaum said the proscription could be interpreted to require hospitals and doctors to perform abortions.

“Embedded within the regulation is, we believe, a surgical abortion mandate,” he said. “In the federal register ‘sex’ is defined, among other ways, as ‘termination of pregnancy.’ When this was first shown, the [commentators] asked for clarification to ensure that this was not an abortion mandate. None was given when the rule was made final.”

The regulation contains no exemptions for health care providers with religious beliefs.

Douglas G. Wilson, CEO of the Catholic Benefits Association, said the rule not only disregards the religious beliefs of Catholic hospitals, which make up one-sixth of hospital health care in the nation, but strips doctors of any say in determining which procedures are appropriate and which are not.

“Every hospital in our country has a medical staff and is required to have an organized medical staff, and the purpose for that medical staff is primarily and almost solely to ensure patient safety and the quality of care,” Mr. Wilson said.

“And it’s a frightening aspect of this whole initiative that that process has been effectively taken out of the hands of the medical staff and decided by a federal agency, which has now determined who can and can’t do it, who will and won’t do it and who must participate,” he said.

Return to “All the other Political Stuff”