How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

All other Political discussion that does not affect our ability to enjoy the outdoors.
User avatar
BillyBob66
Reactions:
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Tupelo, MS
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#1

Post by BillyBob66 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 pm

It has just always been hard for me to understand the double standard that is so often exhibited from the leftist, liberal democrats. In so many ways, but I am here to post specifically about Obama's racism. His pro black, anti-white racism ( with a little pro-Islam thrown in) which has been on display since day one. I just don't know how he has gotten away with it without somebody besides me- like some new agencies maybe- pointing out his racism.

I'm sure I have my racist tendencies, as do many blacks. But I try my best to fight them and to not judge folks simply based on skin color. I don't like white guys being favored by government based on their skin color, nor do I want black folks, Hispanics, Asians,or whatever being favored by government- or discriminated against by government- because of their skin color. But it seems to me Obama(or the Obamas) has approached things by always considering skin color in his decisions and words.

The list is far too long to cover it all in this post. But a few that come quickly to mind: Henry Louis Gates and the resulting beer summit. Essentially refusing to prosecute black panthers of voter intimidation, and at about the same time 2 career DOJ Attorneys resigning because of the anti-white bias they perceived in the DOJ (or was it the EEOC? ) under Obama. Also Obama's consistently stepping into criminal cases before all the facts were known but appearing to presume up front that the black criminals were innocent and or the white citizens or police were guilty. Even choosing Travon Martin- "if I had a son"- even appearing to take his side over a Hispanic(remember the media's phrase "white hispanic"?). And who can forget sending reps to the funeral of the thug Mike Brown, and once again sending his DOJ just to if at all possible convict the cop, as the usual rioting and looting occurred. Even with a video clearly showing this thug assaulting a store clerk during a robbery just a short time before he attacked the cop, still Obama( and his black AGs) acted like he was a poor victim, yet another victim of white racism. Etc, etc, etc.

But it is the racist act he is heading out the door with that is bugging me most right now. How does he get away with throwing a party, in the White House, sponsored by BET, with only blacks invited? ( all though oddly, there was ONE token white there, Bradley Cooper, though every one seems mystified as to how that could have happened.) Surely if GWB or any modern white president had pulled a stunt like this, the accusations of racism from the press and certain black leaders would be deafening and go on and on and on. How in the hell does he get away with it? How can liberal, including whit liberals, be so hypocritical, and have such a HUGE double standard, and get away with it. Even so called conservative news organizations do not point these things out:
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/wat ... nl-w450169
Off Topic
"Chappelle closed out his monologue with a heartfelt anecdote about visiting the White House during the Obama administration:
"You know, before I go, I do want to say one thing, and this is not a joke. But I think it's important that I say this, 'cause they're marching up the street right now as we speak.

A few weeks ago I went to the White House for a party. It was the first time I've been there in many years and it was very exciting. And BET sponsored the party, so everyone there was black. And it was beautiful. I walked through the gates — you know, I'm from Washington, so I saw the bus stop, or the corner where the bus stop used to be, where I used to catch the bus to school and dream about nights like tonight.

It was a really, really beautiful night. At the end of the night everyone went into the West Wing of the White House and it was a huge party. And everybody in there was black — except for Bradley Cooper, for some reason."
( like, how the heck did this white guy get in here? )

https://bossip.com/1377033/dave-wasnt-l ... ial-party/
Off Topic
Dave Wasn’t Lying: Bradley Cooper Was Really At The White House For BET’s Presidential Party..............................
The comedian shared a funny story about attending a private BET party at the White House where actor Bradley Cooper was the only white invited.

Fans laughed at the story but doubted if it was entirely true due to how hilarious the scenario seemed. Former “106 & Park” host Terrence J came with the receipts…............
Unfreakingbelievable! Not only no accusation of racism from the press, but not even a mention of the event that I have seen, not on NBC Nightly news, the Today Show, not even Fox News. How does this racist get away with this stuff? I wonder if Trump could get away with an all whitey party at the White House? (actually, he might be the only person who could, as he would just tell every one to kiss his behind. But I seriously doubt he would do such a thing, and if he did, I would object vigorously)


Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

User avatar
GregD
Reactions:
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#2

Post by GregD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:08 am

I didn't know about that party. It does look kinda strange.

neo71665
Reactions:
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Hammock: diy
Tarp: diy
Suspension: diy
Insulation: diy

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#3

Post by neo71665 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:49 am

If you care to remember as far back in the nightmare when he first started his bid for presidential election everybody was quick to point out he was only half black. Then all of sudden it was all about us being ready for a black president and he was the first black president. I don't know him personally and don't know how plain racist he really is as most of this is all his hired and not hired handlers but it's been a race bait from the start. When they thought being half black was gonna hurt his chance they made sure to point out he was only half. Once they found out it was to his favor they dropped everything about him being half white.


I wasn't for him the first round and I don't give a rats about race or sex. I only vote for the person I think is most qualified and/or has lied to me the best. The only reason the clown got in office is by race baiting. He only got re-elected by the same means. I can't be mad at him as he covered his arse to make sure he got as much success as he could. So far his greatest achievement is splitting the nation apart even more than we were. Now he is gonna retire and live his cushy life never having to worry about anything again. The thing that ticks me off is the cost the nation had to and will keep having to pay for his success.

User avatar
GregD
Reactions:
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#4

Post by GregD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:47 pm

neo71665 wrote:If you care to remember as far back in the nightmare when he first started his bid for presidential election ...
I can understand people not liking him and/or finding his skills as president lacking. However I do not understand the intensity of the negativity expressed by many. No doubt different people have different reasons for their passionate dislike. The "he's a Muslim and not a US citizen" crowd (which includes Donald Trump) was clearly out of touch with reality; I don't know what to do in the face of such blatant irrationality. At least in this case you are referencing a reality-based-fact; he did indeed have a blacks-only social event. Is that surprising given that it was sponsored by BET? Or is BET also racist? Maybe we need to agree with the definition of racism. In particular whether racism the same as or different from race-based preferences, prejudices, and stereotypes.

I have concerns about how police interact with citizens and it has nothing to do with race or racism. In my view police procedures should be such that it doesn't matter if the officer is a member of the KKK, the citizen cannot be abused so long as procedures were followed. And those procedures should do a better job keeping officers out of harms way. A cop in Florida is dead this week after calling for backup and engaging with a wanted fugitive before backup arrived. Aren't we smart enough to figure out safer methods? Likely you disagree with much of this; sorry for going off-topic.

I don't know if I have the energy to go down this path with you. I would like to understand, but dealing with the negativity gets disheartening after a while.

neo71665
Reactions:
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Hammock: diy
Tarp: diy
Suspension: diy
Insulation: diy

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#5

Post by neo71665 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:17 pm

My dislike for him is only from the fact I don't think he had the experience under his belt to be president. If he would have been a white guy he would have never got it. I don't agree with his stand on firearms and while I can get behind the idea of the healthcare it didn't have the fine details ironed out before it was railroaded through. He wasn't ready and he showed it. He sure didn't do anything to deserve a Nobel peace prize. He had a tough job and he did the best he can but the simple truth is he went down like a one egg pudding.

Not a big Trump supporter but I'm anti Clinton and everything she stands for. Was just a choice of which foot we want to be shot in.

Again I could care less about anybody's sex or race. I consider religion and sexual preference to be a persons personal matter, should be kept behind closed doors, and none of my business. None of the above has any place in government operations. If the person can't keep them from effecting their job then they have no place running for office. I'm honestly sick of all of them being thrown about like qualifying voting factors. I think these same views fall inline more or less with what you are saying about police. As long as they do their job correctly then I don't care what they do on their own time.

User avatar
GregD
Reactions:
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#6

Post by GregD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:36 pm

neo71665 wrote:My dislike for him is only from the fact I don't think he had the experience under his belt to be president. If he would have been a white guy he would have never got it. I don't agree with his stand on firearms and while I can get behind the idea of the healthcare it didn't have the fine details ironed out before it was railroaded through. He wasn't ready and he showed it. He sure didn't do anything to deserve a Nobel peace prize. He had a tough job and he did the best he can but the simple truth is he went down like a one egg pudding.

Not a big Trump supporter but I'm anti Clinton and everything she stands for. Was just a choice of which foot we want to be shot in.

Again I could care less about anybody's sex or race. I consider religion and sexual preference to be a persons personal matter, should be kept behind closed doors, and none of my business. None of the above has any place in government operations. If the person can't keep them from effecting their job then they have no place running for office. I'm honestly sick of all of them being thrown about like qualifying voting factors. I think these same views fall inline more or less with what you are saying about police. As long as they do their job correctly then I don't care what they do on their own time.
Fair enough. I can understand that position.

User avatar
BillyBob66
Reactions:
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Tupelo, MS
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#7

Post by BillyBob66 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:32 pm

GregD wrote:
neo71665 wrote:If you care to remember as far back in the nightmare when he first started his bid for presidential election ...
I can understand people not liking him and/or finding his skills as president lacking. However I do not understand the intensity of the negativity expressed by many. No doubt different people have different reasons for their passionate dislike. The "he's a Muslim and not a US citizen" crowd (which includes Donald Trump) was clearly out of touch with reality; I don't know what to do in the face of such blatant irrationality. At least in this case you are referencing a reality-based-fact; he did indeed have a blacks-only social event. Is that surprising given that it was sponsored by BET? Or is BET also racist? Maybe we need to agree with the definition of racism. In particular whether racism the same as or different from race-based preferences, prejudices, and stereotypes.

I have concerns about how police interact with citizens and it has nothing to do with race or racism. In my view police procedures should be such that it doesn't matter if the officer is a member of the KKK, the citizen cannot be abused so long as procedures were followed. And those procedures should do a better job keeping officers out of harms way. A cop in Florida is dead this week after calling for backup and engaging with a wanted fugitive before backup arrived. Aren't we smart enough to figure out safer methods? Likely you disagree with much of this; sorry for going off-topic.

I don't know if I have the energy to go down this path with you. I would like to understand, but dealing with the negativity gets disheartening after a while.
Greg, my truly intense dislike for President Obama is based 100% on his words and actions. I could give a rat's behind about his race, other than the fact than he acts like- IMO anyway - a black racist. There are 1/2 dozen blacks I know of that if they were my president, I would be tickled. There might be 1/2 dozen others I know of that I would be OK with. I doubt that I know of any higher # of whites that I can say that about. And if the list has more whites, it for sure is not out of proportion to the population. But Obama's actions and attitudes and background have offended me deeply from the time he began running for pres. For gosh sakes his preacher/mentor and his relationship with Bill Ayers offended the heck out of me. His bowing to Muslim leaders pisses me off. His lying about feeling that marriage should be reserved for 1 man and 1 woman pissed me off. His trying to force religious charities and Christian businesses to bow to his views on abortion and homosexuality pissed me off. His sending his DOJ and representatives to the funerals of black criminals and routinely taking a stand against white cops(or even a Hispanic) pisses me off( aka racism) His trying to force girls to accept man into their public showers and restrooms totally pisses me off. Etc, Etc, Etc. Why would I not deeply dislike this man and all he stands for?

I have already mentioned several items in addition to the main point of the OP that indicate to me his preference for blacks ( I have not much gone into his preference for Muslims) in all that he does, aka racism, but how about one of his famous executive orders, The African American Education Initiative?
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... african-am

Why does he desire to " improving educational outcomes for African Americans of all ages, and to help ensure that all African Americans receive an education that properly prepares them for college, productive careers, and satisfying lives, it is hereby ordered as follows:"? Why doesn't he also want to do something for the white male who has been falling behind in school for years?

"However, substantial obstacles to equal educational opportunity still remain in America's educational system. African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools". WTH is this racist talking about? They are going to school side by side with my grandchildren! Same teachers, same schools, and have had decades of affirmative action helping them out in all levels of schooling.

But here is the big one: "and they disproportionately experience school discipline and referrals to special education.". Well if they do, whose fault is that? Do you think these racist white teachers(most of whom are actually liberals these days) are picking on the poor blacks by referring them for discipline more than the equally bad acting white kids? Give me a break! Have you ever talked with any teachers that have to deal with these kids these days, and the kind of language and attitudes they have to deal with? Do you suppose Mike Brown of Ferguson was ever referred for discipline, or any of his teachers were terrified of him? You can count on it. And all of these blacks who are slaughtering other blacks in Chicago every weekend, when they were in school no doubt some still are) do you suppose they got referred for discipline more often that their white classmates? You know dang well they did, if their teachers were not too terrified to do so. But Obama's worry? That they are getting referred for discipline more often than whites do to racism, and he wants to put a stop to it.

"and African American males also experience disparate rates of incarceration.". Sigh. When you watch your evening news, and you see a description of the suspect in a crime, do you see more whites(as you should in this still majority white nation), or do you see mostly blacks? Obviously you see mostly blacks. Unless you think the victims(very often blacks themselves as in Chicago and every where really) are lying about who robbed, assaulted or raped them, then blacks are going to jail in larger #s because they are committing the crimes in larger #s. But for Obama, they go to jail due to the white man's racism. Which, do to the irrationality of his position, makes him the racist.

" (3) To help expand educational opportunities, improve educational outcomes, and deliver a complete and competitive education for all African Americans, the Initiative shall, consistent with applicable law, promote, encourage, and undertake efforts designed to meet the following objectives:.........................(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;"

Eradicating discriminatory referrals. This is so racist. He is assuming these black children are being referred for discipline due to the racism of their white teachers. Greg, you must know a number of school teachers. And you must be aware of the physical and emotional threat many teachers are under today. Do you really think these white (mostly) women are sending their kids to the principles office(or even calling the police to school) because of their own racism? Really? But Obama, due to being blinded by his own racism, believes this.

The man is a blatant racist, as are his AGs. And he has totally gotten away with it for 8 years. Has any one besides crazies like me called him on his racism? Maybe trump can get away with an executive order titled: The Initiative Educational Excellence for White Boys? What do you think?

Greg, I am sorry that my severe negativity towards this man is disheartening to you. But no American leader has ever done more to encourage my negativity, there are lots of good reasons for it. And none of them have anything to do with the color of his skin. In fact, I would almost prefer that Carson had got elected rather than Trump. I don't know if he would be a better or worse pres than Trump or Cruz or one of the others, but at least folks could not be so blatant in calling him a racist. They would just call him Uncle tom.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

User avatar
GregD
Reactions:
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#8

Post by GregD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:38 pm

BillyBob66 wrote:
GregD wrote:
neo71665 wrote:If you care to remember as far back in the nightmare when he first started his bid for presidential election ...
I can understand people not liking him and/or finding his skills as president lacking. However I do not understand the intensity of the negativity expressed by many. No doubt different people have different reasons for their passionate dislike. The "he's a Muslim and not a US citizen" crowd (which includes Donald Trump) was clearly out of touch with reality; I don't know what to do in the face of such blatant irrationality. At least in this case you are referencing a reality-based-fact; he did indeed have a blacks-only social event. Is that surprising given that it was sponsored by BET? Or is BET also racist? Maybe we need to agree with the definition of racism. In particular whether racism the same as or different from race-based preferences, prejudices, and stereotypes.

I have concerns about how police interact with citizens and it has nothing to do with race or racism. In my view police procedures should be such that it doesn't matter if the officer is a member of the KKK, the citizen cannot be abused so long as procedures were followed. And those procedures should do a better job keeping officers out of harms way. A cop in Florida is dead this week after calling for backup and engaging with a wanted fugitive before backup arrived. Aren't we smart enough to figure out safer methods? Likely you disagree with much of this; sorry for going off-topic.

I don't know if I have the energy to go down this path with you. I would like to understand, but dealing with the negativity gets disheartening after a while.
Greg, my truly intense dislike for President Obama is based 100% on his words and actions. I could give a rat's behind about his race, other than the fact than he acts like- IMO anyway - a black racist. There are 1/2 dozen blacks I know of that if they were my president, I would be tickled. There might be 1/2 dozen others I know of that I would be OK with. I doubt that I know of any higher # of whites that I can say that about. And if the list has more whites, it for sure is not out of proportion to the population. But Obama's actions and attitudes and background have offended me deeply from the time he began running for pres. For gosh sakes his preacher/mentor and his relationship with Bill Ayers offended the heck out of me. His bowing to Muslim leaders pisses me off. His lying about feeling that marriage should be reserved for 1 man and 1 woman pissed me off. His trying to force religious charities and Christian businesses to bow to his views on abortion and homosexuality pissed me off. His sending his DOJ and representatives to the funerals of black criminals and routinely taking a stand against white cops(or even a Hispanic) pisses me off( aka racism) His trying to force girls to accept man into their public showers and restrooms totally pisses me off. Etc, Etc, Etc. Why would I not deeply dislike this man and all he stands for?

I have already mentioned several items in addition to the main point of the OP that indicate to me his preference for blacks ( I have not much gone into his preference for Muslims) in all that he does, aka racism, but how about one of his famous executive orders, The African American Education Initiative?
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... african-am

Why does he desire to " improving educational outcomes for African Americans of all ages, and to help ensure that all African Americans receive an education that properly prepares them for college, productive careers, and satisfying lives, it is hereby ordered as follows:"? Why doesn't he also want to do something for the white male who has been falling behind in school for years?

"However, substantial obstacles to equal educational opportunity still remain in America's educational system. African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools". WTH is this racist talking about? They are going to school side by side with my grandchildren! Same teachers, same schools, and have had decades of affirmative action helping them out in all levels of schooling.

But here is the big one: "and they disproportionately experience school discipline and referrals to special education.". Well if they do, whose fault is that? Do you think these racist white teachers(most of whom are actually liberals these days) are picking on the poor blacks by referring them for discipline more than the equally bad acting white kids? Give me a break! Have you ever talked with any teachers that have to deal with these kids these days, and the kind of language and attitudes they have to deal with? Do you suppose Mike Brown of Ferguson was ever referred for discipline, or any of his teachers were terrified of him? You can count on it. And all of these blacks who are slaughtering other blacks in Chicago every weekend, when they were in school no doubt some still are) do you suppose they got referred for discipline more often that their white classmates? You know dang well they did, if their teachers were not too terrified to do so. But Obama's worry? That they are getting referred for discipline more often than whites do to racism, and he wants to put a stop to it.

"and African American males also experience disparate rates of incarceration.". Sigh. When you watch your evening news, and you see a description of the suspect in a crime, do you see more whites(as you should in this still majority white nation), or do you see mostly blacks? Obviously you see mostly blacks. Unless you think the victims(very often blacks themselves as in Chicago and every where really) are lying about who robbed, assaulted or raped them, then blacks are going to jail in larger #s because they are committing the crimes in larger #s. But for Obama, they go to jail due to the white man's racism. Which, do to the irrationality of his position, makes him the racist.

" (3) To help expand educational opportunities, improve educational outcomes, and deliver a complete and competitive education for all African Americans, the Initiative shall, consistent with applicable law, promote, encourage, and undertake efforts designed to meet the following objectives:.........................(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;"

Eradicating discriminatory referrals. This is so racist. He is assuming these black children are being referred for discipline due to the racism of their white teachers. Greg, you must know a number of school teachers. And you must be aware of the physical and emotional threat many teachers are under today. Do you really think these white (mostly) women are sending their kids to the principles office(or even calling the police to school) because of their own racism? Really? But Obama, due to being blinded by his own racism, believes this.

The man is a blatant racist, as are his AGs. And he has totally gotten away with it for 8 years. Has any one besides crazies like me called him on his racism? Maybe trump can get away with an executive order titled: The Initiative Educational Excellence for White Boys? What do you think?

Greg, I am sorry that my severe negativity towards this man is disheartening to you. But no American leader has ever done more to encourage my negativity, there are lots of good reasons for it. And none of them have anything to do with the color of his skin. In fact, I would almost prefer that Carson had got elected rather than Trump. I don't know if he would be a better or worse pres than Trump or Cruz or one of the others, but at least folks could not be so blatant in calling him a racist. They would just call him Uncle tom.
Its your negativity. Obama has nothing to do with it. Over and over you conflate consideration for people that are different from you with preferences for people that are different from you. Over and over you state in some way or other that people like you are better in some way as people that are different from you. You've thrown atheist bating my way a few times. You've been dismissive of people with sexual dysphoria. You seem pretty anti marriage equality. You've ridiculed whole branches of science - biology, geology, archaeology, climatology and cosmology. You may be a very nice person in very many ways, but there are at least a few ways you are not nice at all.

Lets look at one point in your post as an example:
BillyBob66 wrote:Eradicating discriminatory referrals. This is so racist. He is assuming these black children are being referred for discipline due to the racism of their white teachers.
YES this is a real thing. People behave this way. I have, haven't you? Is it significant in our education system? I don't know, we'd need data to figure that out. While it could be racism, it often isn't; it may be just a cultural misunderstanding between two people, it could be preconceptions. I've experienced the opposite: back in elementary through high school I was a "good" kid from a "good" family; I was given no consequences for breaking rules that other kids got in trouble for breaking. The prudent response to an assertion that this is a problem in our education system is to a) try to understand what they are talking about, b) accept that it might be true, c) make a good faith effort to investigate, and d) follow where the evidence leads. The Conservative response seems to a) be completely convinced that you know absolutely everything about what they are talking about and b) blame something or someone else.

User avatar
sarge
Reactions:
Posts: 2068
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:14 am
Location: Houston, TX
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:
Contact:

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#9

Post by sarge » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:32 pm

GregD wrote:
neo71665 wrote:If you care to remember as far back in the nightmare when he first started his bid for presidential election ...
I can understand people not liking him and/or finding his skills as president lacking. However I do not understand the intensity of the negativity expressed by many. No doubt different people have different reasons for their passionate dislike. The "he's a Muslim and not a US citizen" crowd (which includes Donald Trump) was clearly out of touch with reality; I don't know what to do in the face of such blatant irrationality. At least in this case you are referencing a reality-based-fact; he did indeed have a blacks-only social event. Is that surprising given that it was sponsored by BET? Or is BET also racist? Maybe we need to agree with the definition of racism. In particular whether racism the same as or different from race-based preferences, prejudices, and stereotypes.

I have concerns about how police interact with citizens and it has nothing to do with race or racism. In my view police procedures should be such that it doesn't matter if the officer is a member of the KKK, the citizen cannot be abused so long as procedures were followed. And those procedures should do a better job keeping officers out of harms way. A cop in Florida is dead this week after calling for backup and engaging with a wanted fugitive before backup arrived. Aren't we smart enough to figure out safer methods? Likely you disagree with much of this; sorry for going off-topic.

I don't know if I have the energy to go down this path with you. I would like to understand, but dealing with the negativity gets disheartening after a while.

Its easy to understand.

All you have to do is look at all the unhinged, hateful reaction to Trump on the other side and it all falls into place.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

User avatar
BillyBob66
Reactions:
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Tupelo, MS
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#10

Post by BillyBob66 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:25 pm

GregD wrote:

Its your negativity. Obama has nothing to do with it. Over and over you conflate consideration for people that are different from you with preferences for people that are different from you. Over and over you state in some way or other that people like you are better in some way as people that are different from you. You've thrown atheist bating my way a few times. You've been dismissive of people with sexual dysphoria. You seem pretty anti marriage equality. You've ridiculed whole branches of science - biology, geology, archaeology, climatology and cosmology. You may be a very nice person in very many ways, but there are at least a few ways you are not nice at all.

Lets look at one point in your post as an example:
BillyBob66 wrote:Eradicating discriminatory referrals. This is so racist. He is assuming these black children are being referred for discipline due to the racism of their white teachers.
YES this is a real thing. People behave this way. I have, haven't you? Is it significant in our education system? I don't know, we'd need data to figure that out. While it could be racism, it often isn't; it may be just a cultural misunderstanding between two people, it could be preconceptions. I've experienced the opposite: back in elementary through high school I was a "good" kid from a "good" family; I was given no consequences for breaking rules that other kids got in trouble for breaking. The prudent response to an assertion that this is a problem in our education system is to a) try to understand what they are talking about, b) accept that it might be true, c) make a good faith effort to investigate, and d) follow where the evidence leads. The Conservative response seems to a) be completely convinced that you know absolutely everything about what they are talking about and b) blame something or someone else.
No, I have not behaved this way. I have not acted against some one on the basis of their skin color, and plan to do my best to avoid it in the future. By acting against I mean using any power I might have had to refer for discipline or call the police, or hire or fire, etc. I have trained blacks in anesthesia and we actually became good friends. If I had needed to refer any of them for discipline or call the police, you can be sure it would have been based on some unacceptable behavior of theirs. The exact behavior- no more no less- that would have gotten their white classmates in the exact same trouble. I am sorry to hear that you have behaved that way, and very surprised to hear it.

Your statement about how it is not Obama but just my negativity is total BS. Obama actually, factually did the things I spelled out about him, not just his blacks only party of the OP. If Obama has a party with no whites invited, if he consistently sends his reps to the funerals of thugs while immediately seeming to speak in their favor before anyone knows the facts( i.e. "If I had a son" ), and sends his DOJ to try and find out where the discrimination against blacks obviously was, it is not me "Over and over" conflating "consideration for people that are different from you with preferences for people that are different from you.". It is Obama actually exhibiting "preferences for people that are different from" me. If Trump acts that way, if he does exactly what Obama has done but in favor of whites, I feel sure you will be saying he is exhibiting those preferences. Won't you? You seem to have a problem with plainly observable facts. Or, like so many on the left, you will simply refuse to admit to the obvious facts if it is against your guy. You did say the party seemed problematic and questionable. You say the rest is not Obama, but my negativity. Feel free to show which of Obama's actions I spelled out either did not happen or do not indicate Obama's racist and other preferences.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

User avatar
BillyBob66
Reactions:
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Tupelo, MS
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#11

Post by BillyBob66 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:43 pm

sarge wrote:
GregD wrote:
neo71665 wrote:If you care to remember as far back in the nightmare when he first started his bid for presidential election ...
I can understand people not liking him and/or finding his skills as president lacking. However I do not understand the intensity of the negativity expressed by many. No doubt different people have different reasons for their passionate dislike. The "he's a Muslim and not a US citizen" crowd (which includes Donald Trump) was clearly out of touch with reality; I don't know what to do in the face of such blatant irrationality. At least in this case you are referencing a reality-based-fact; he did indeed have a blacks-only social event. Is that surprising given that it was sponsored by BET? Or is BET also racist? Maybe we need to agree with the definition of racism. In particular whether racism the same as or different from race-based preferences, prejudices, and stereotypes.

I have concerns about how police interact with citizens and it has nothing to do with race or racism. In my view police procedures should be such that it doesn't matter if the officer is a member of the KKK, the citizen cannot be abused so long as procedures were followed. And those procedures should do a better job keeping officers out of harms way. A cop in Florida is dead this week after calling for backup and engaging with a wanted fugitive before backup arrived. Aren't we smart enough to figure out safer methods? Likely you disagree with much of this; sorry for going off-topic.

I don't know if I have the energy to go down this path with you. I would like to understand, but dealing with the negativity gets disheartening after a while.

Its easy to understand.

All you have to do is look at all the unhinged, hateful reaction to Trump on the other side and it all falls into place.
Exactly what he said. Except for one thing, Greg. As intense as the negativity that I have expressed against both Obama and Clinton is, you won't find me dragging folks out of their cars and beating them, or torturing a white disabled boy because whites voted for Trump, or shutting down expressways, or begging electors to break their pledge to vote 100% for whoever wins their state, or all the other unhinged BS. You won't find me doing something like that, Greg. You will find damn few conservative acting in that insane, even criminal fashion. At least not yet. It always seems to come from the other side, 95%. You find tons of people on the other side acting in this fashion, doing the things they constantly warn that the conservatives are going to do.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

User avatar
Scott
Reactions:
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 am
Location: Texas Lost Pines (just outside Wierd)
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#12

Post by Scott » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:55 pm

neo71665 wrote:My dislike for him is only from the fact I don't think he had the experience under his belt to be president. If he would have been a white guy he would have never got it. I don't agree with his stand on firearms and while I can get behind the idea of the healthcare it didn't have the fine details ironed out before it was railroaded through. He wasn't ready and he showed it. He sure didn't do anything to deserve a Nobel peace prize. He had a tough job and he did the best he can but the simple truth is he went down like a one egg pudding.

Not a big Trump supporter but I'm anti Clinton and everything she stands for. Was just a choice of which foot we want to be shot in.

Again I could care less about anybody's sex or race. I consider religion and sexual preference to be a persons personal matter, should be kept behind closed doors, and none of my business. None of the above has any place in government operations. If the person can't keep them from effecting their job then they have no place running for office. I'm honestly sick of all of them being thrown about like qualifying voting factors. I think these same views fall inline more or less with what you are saying about police. As long as they do their job correctly then I don't care what they do on their own time.
+1
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

User avatar
BillyBob66
Reactions:
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:43 am
Location: Tupelo, MS
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#13

Post by BillyBob66 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Greg, another point on your last response to me. Are you claiming that Obama did not do the things I claimed of him? For example, are you claiming that he did not jump into local criminal cases on several occasions appearing to be on the side of the criminals- or at least suspect of the white police, all before the investigations were complete and before all the facts were known? And are you denying that he sent his DOJ to investigate to make sure that white police had not murdered blacks, and sent reps to the funersls of black criminals----- while never doing any such thing during many cases in which blacks indeed murdered whites, never a mention of hate crimes when blacks commit the crimes? ( not a word from Obama of his AGs/DOJ when blacks burned a white girl alive near my location) That he bowed down to Muslim leaders, and tried to use his DOJ to force women to allow men into their public restrooms and locker rooms and showers? Are you claiming that he did not do all those other things I said he did?

If so, I really wish you would provide some evidence. But you know dang well he took these actions, in addition to his blacks only party. So he did all these things, but the problem is not that he did these things, but it is my negativity? No Greg, the problem is that he is a racist.

And when you say there are many ways in which I am not nice at all, you might want to look in the mirror. Because if you support people who want to force us to accept men into our wives, daughters and granddaughters showers and bathrooms, if you support governments who will bankrupt a family bakery who refuses to bake your favored group a cake, or who will bankrupt people who will not say certain words( like zie or zim) and racist people who will not prosecute Black Panthers for voter intimidation for standing outside polls while holding clubs and telling whites "get ready to be ruled by a black man, cracker", well then, you are not very nice at all. At least not in those ways.
Last edited by BillyBob66 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

User avatar
GregD
Reactions:
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#14

Post by GregD » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:23 am

BillyBob66 wrote:His bowing to Muslim leaders pisses me off.
Why does this piss you off?

BillyBob66 wrote:His lying about feeling that marriage should be reserved for 1 man and 1 woman pissed me off.
Why does this piss you off?

You get pissed off about a lot of stuff.

User avatar
GregD
Reactions:
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: How has he gotten away with the racism for 8 years?

#15

Post by GregD » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:32 am

sarge wrote:
GregD wrote:
neo71665 wrote:If you care to remember as far back in the nightmare when he first started his bid for presidential election ...
I can understand people not liking him and/or finding his skills as president lacking. However I do not understand the intensity of the negativity expressed by many. No doubt different people have different reasons for their passionate dislike. The "he's a Muslim and not a US citizen" crowd (which includes Donald Trump) was clearly out of touch with reality; I don't know what to do in the face of such blatant irrationality. At least in this case you are referencing a reality-based-fact; he did indeed have a blacks-only social event. Is that surprising given that it was sponsored by BET? Or is BET also racist? Maybe we need to agree with the definition of racism. In particular whether racism the same as or different from race-based preferences, prejudices, and stereotypes.

I have concerns about how police interact with citizens and it has nothing to do with race or racism. In my view police procedures should be such that it doesn't matter if the officer is a member of the KKK, the citizen cannot be abused so long as procedures were followed. And those procedures should do a better job keeping officers out of harms way. A cop in Florida is dead this week after calling for backup and engaging with a wanted fugitive before backup arrived. Aren't we smart enough to figure out safer methods? Likely you disagree with much of this; sorry for going off-topic.

I don't know if I have the energy to go down this path with you. I would like to understand, but dealing with the negativity gets disheartening after a while.

Its easy to understand.

All you have to do is look at all the unhinged, hateful reaction to Trump on the other side and it all falls into place.
Are you saying it is nothing but unhinged hate? For Obama and Trump?

Post Reply

Return to “All the other Political Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests