Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Litesmith ANKR carbon fiber stakes

Post by Scuba » Thu May 26, 2016 2:18 pm

I love the weight savings of ti stakes but hate constantly bending them, with that in mind i decided to try out carbon fiber.

Litesmith lists these as weighing 6.2 grams, but on my scale they fluctuate between 5 and 6 grams so I will go with 6g.

The fit and finish is nice; a blue end cap, carbon fiber shaft, aluminum point and reflective loop.

My Ti stakes are Toaks V stakes and weigh 9g each, and are inherently easy to bend. So far I have only driven these in the ground in my lawn, but I am happy so far, they are lighter and appear sturdier. I will update as I use these more.

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Litesmith ANKR carbon fiber stakes

Post by rhjanes » Thu May 26, 2016 5:37 pm

I got some carbon fiber stakes also. They are super light and I hope they hold well.
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

Polkster13
Reactions:
Hammock: DH Sparrow (#3008)
Tarp: OES MacCat Std
Suspension: Whoopie Slings
Insulation: WL 20* Full UQ

Post by Polkster13 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:54 am

Looking forward to hearing an update soon.

Currently, my main stakes weigh in at 10 grams a piece (I use 4 stakes for my tarp). I am also carrying 4 TI shepherds hook stakes (6.25 grams each) from Dutch for my ground tarp. I use to use Vargo TI stakes and would bend then very easily so I replaced them with the MSR Mini Ground Hog Stakes. I also like that they are red and easy to find when striking camp.

Idaho Hanger
Reactions:
Hammock: P43 Terrawing
Tarp: P43 Lodgefly
Suspension: Whoopies
Insulation: P43 Down Quilts

Post by Idaho Hanger » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:53 pm

I'm interested to see how these work in the long term. My only issue with carbon fiber is that it doesn't bend. If it gets pushed too far it will just be broken, of course at that weight a spare isn't out of the question. It would be nice for the 8 stakes my winter tarp uses.
“Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” - Edward Abbey.

kev137
Reactions:
Hammock: diy HyperD 1.6oz
Tarp: Warbonnet Mamajamba
Suspension: Whoopie slings tree
Insulation: DIY climashield/ Snu

Post by kev137 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:13 pm

I've been watching this post waiting to see some feedback on these stakes as well. Very interesting and crazy light. Let us know how they hold up fellas.
" No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride", Hunter S. Thompson

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:56 am

I used them this week when I was the camp nurse for church camp, and I love them so far. No bending or cracks in the carbon fiber, light weight. Will use them more in the next few weeks and update more.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by rhjanes » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:47 pm

I used mine from rutalocura http://www.rutalocura.com/Tent_Stakes.html
They did fine. I really only used two on my WBBB pull outs and no bad weather. I have put a loop of Niteze on them so I can see them at night but also pull them up.
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

Return to “Gear Reviews”