bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

MD Pinnacle lightweight tarp for $29.99... 17oz

Post by bobamos » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:42 pm

I recently acquired a new very lightweight tarp that is available from Amazon for $29.99 Here is my video review on this item.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnEJWysavew
Last edited by bobamos on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hennessy Expedition, Yukon Outfitters & Wilcor Mosquito Hammocks .... Plus, Equip Double. (Yep, a cheap Wally World but I like the thing for hanging on the patio.)

BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: MD Pinnacle lightweight tarp for $29.99

Post by BillyBob66 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:55 pm

bobamos wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:42 pm
I recently acquired a new very lightweight tarp that is available from Amazon for $29.99 Here is my video review on this item.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnEJWysavew
Just ordered one, seems like a real good price and claims to have extra UV resistance. Do you know the weight? I'm thinking it might be a bit heavier than sil-nylon. Thx for the heads up.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bobamos » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:21 pm

No the only weight I have is 1.5 pounds for the entire thing. Tarp, stakes, tie outs, beener and 2 stuff sacks.
Hennessy Expedition, Yukon Outfitters & Wilcor Mosquito Hammocks .... Plus, Equip Double. (Yep, a cheap Wally World but I like the thing for hanging on the patio.)

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:01 pm

bobamos wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:21 pm
No the only weight I have is 1.5 pounds for the entire thing. Tarp, stakes, tie outs, beener and 2 stuff sacks.
Well, if all of that is included in 24 oz, then it cant be terribly heavy, maybe 19 oz? I'll know soon enough.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bobamos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:04 pm

I'd bet it is less than that. With the entire thing weighing in at 24 oz and the tarp alone "FEELING" just a tad heavier I'd say cut that in half and add a few ounces. I'd bet it comes in under or around 16oz. But that is based on their saying it is 24oz in the first place. I look forward to hearing the actual weight.

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:28 am

17 oz! Stuff sacks, lines and stakes add another 7 oz for 24 oz total. Not bad at all for an inexpensive tarp! And who knows, there may be some advantages to being polyester rather than Sil-nylon(or not), plus it advertises high UV resistance.

People should be all over this one if there are any left!

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:31 am

Appears to still be available! I got it in under 2 days all for 29.99+tax.

My amazon link is getting blocked for some reason, is that not allowed? Just search for [MD Pinnacle] Lightweight Waterproof Camping Hammock Cover HEX Tarp .

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:38 am

I wonder if this touted UV protection translates to more UV resistance ( longer life/durability) for the tarp?
"Our hammock cover are made from premium 190T Polyester water resistant and rip resistant material. 190T Polyester is much more expensive than other competitor Nylon hammock due to it ability to retained shape in wet weather and ability to block UV radiation. 

In addition, to the natural UV defense provided by Polyester material, our Polyester are specially made with an additional UV50+ coating that provide an additional protection in extreme circumstance. UV50+ is the highest grade of UV protection that are used in many sunscreen and baby health products. In addition, we our hammock also come with extra aluminum stakes and S-Shape Carabiner for carrying and providing extra support when needed. 

MD Pinnacle Waterproof Hammock Cover includes the following features and benefits: 
- Waterproof and Rip Resistant 190T Polyester Fabric 
- Large 335x285cm HEX Shape 
- Extra UV50+ coating built into the tarp for Maximum UV Protection 
- 2 Centerline and 4 guide line ropes
- 6 Aluminim Stakes 
- 1 S-shape Carabiner - Portable Carry Pouch with Embroiled Logos Stitching 
"

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by bobamos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Thanks for the weight results. I knew it was very light. I really should get a scale if I intend on doing more reviews for camping supplies. Just never had a need for one before. Hope some of the guys and gals here can use this one.

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: MD Pinnacle lightweight tarp for $29.99... 17oz

Post by Scott » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:24 am

looks like a price drop
Price: $25.99

Might need to add one to my collection. I don't have a hex yet. I have winter tarps, and small diamond tarps...
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

bobamos
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: MD Pinnacle lightweight tarp for $29.99... 17oz

Post by bobamos » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm

It is now available for $19.95... Better grab one now before they are gone.... It really is a nice tarp.

Return to “Gear Reviews”