Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Hexon 1.0

Post by Scott » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:11 pm

My son received a burnt orange hexon 1.0 dutch gathered end hammock from his sister for Christmas. Cinch buckles, biners, and orange HF webbing. VERY nice feel. I didn't stay in it long, but it held my ~300lb frame pretty well. Size and weight are impressive, especially compared to the 2.6 table cloth fabric we currently have.

There might be a new hammock in my future as well. :-)

Hope Y'all had a Merry Christmas

Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

Dutch
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Hexon 1.0

Post by Dutch » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:13 pm

the whole Hexon product line continues to exceed my expectations. I'm glad you like it.

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Hexon 1.0

Post by Scott » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:18 am

I can see why you are pleased with the Hexon.

I picked up some 1.6 fabric for myself that was waiting for me when I got home from vacation yesterday. I thought about getting some 1.0, but I did not want to push is too far beyond your recommendations. But laying in my sons in the park, I am pretty confident it would have worked OK. My wife sewed the end channels and hemmed the sides, it ended up 11.5' long and a couple inches narrower than the raw bolt. It is narrower and longer than my current hammock, which is 65" x 10.5'. There is a slight calf ridge depending on how I lay in it, and the length of the ridgeline. I can get it go away by shifting my weight. The new hammock is 7oz lighter than my tablecloth hammock. The feel is very nice as well.

I am testing it out along with my layers of under insulation:
Jungle blanket converted to single layer UQ that is about 60 wide and 75 long.
Under that I have a costco throw converted to a 60x45 UQ.
The two layers should cover 90+% of the temps I will hang in. Just an occasional below freezing trip. Most are 40 degrees or warmer.

A real test will come in two weeks at the Frozen Butt Hang in Austin. No warm house to escape to if it gets cool. Though there will still be a car near by.
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

Return to “Dutchware”