pistal44
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Impressed by Dutchware bling

Post by pistal44 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:35 pm

My tarp setup has been always been lacking. I have a Kelty 12 and a HH Hex. I have just used whatever was handy to put it up generally being mason line with trucker hitches. I started reading and watching videos and ended up buying some Dutch bling. I have to say the videos can only show so much. These little critters are super small, lightweight and well thought out. I'm very impressed. Now I just need to figure out the best way to rig them up for the way I camp. Too many great options. Thanks Dutch.

kev137
Reactions:
Hammock: diy HyperD 1.6oz
Tarp: Warbonnet Mamajamba
Suspension: Whoopie slings tree
Insulation: DIY climashield/ Snu

Re: Impressed by Dutchware bling

Post by kev137 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:18 am

You don't have to use dutch bling, but it makes your life so much easier. Well thought out and it works, plus so light and well made.
" No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride", Hunter S. Thompson

Sinfonian
Reactions:
Hammock: Grand Trunk
Tarp: Grand Trunk
Suspension: Whoopie slings etc.
Insulation: Big Angus 20 degree

Re: Impressed by Dutchware bling

Post by Sinfonian » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:00 pm

I got a Woot Yukon Outfitters hammock and immediately replaced the suspension with tree huggers with dutch clips and whoppie slings. The first time couldn't figure it out and didn't use them. The second time I set it up upside down and ended up on my tush. Figured out thearly clips have an up and down. Now I'm a pro. I know they aren't needed but boy are they slick.

Return to “Dutchware”