BillyBob66
Reactions:
Hammock: Claytor/JRB/HH/SB
Tarp: JRB 11X10
Suspension: CinchBuckle/WS/TriG
Insulation: HHSS,P.Pod,MWUQ,Yeti

Re: - Mix Permethrin for clothing appplication

Post by BillyBob66 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:44 am

When I ave used the concentrate after dilution, I have preferred the indoor/outdoor versions like in your link. This is the one I used, I'm thinking it had no odor or oil spot stains but not absolutely certain(memory failing me!:

http://www.scruggsfarm.com/Hi-Yield-Ind ... nce-Bottle

There is another that I got from a garden store, specifically advertised for bed bugs and indoor use by Bonide ( .5% Permethrin), it had no smell at all, and was cheep(on sale) for a gallon spray container. I guess when buying as a gallon container, you could also just pour it into a container and dip.

Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:30 pm

I might try this, it should be odorless and stain free, and appears to be about 1/2 cost of Sawyers. Of course, still not as cheap as Martin's indoor/outdoor or Hi-Yield indoor/outdoor concentrate: http://www.amazon.com/averPak-Single-Co ... w_g86_i1_r

Sorry, the link does not seem to be showing up, it is "JT Eaton Kills Bedbugs, Ticks and Mosquitoes Trigger Spray Permethrin for the treatment of clothing". at Amazon. $32 for 1 gallon of .5% pre mixed with a sprayer.
Rom8:21the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption23..but..we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit.. groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:43 am

I personally dont like the sprayers. I prefer to saturate items by soaking them in a bucket of mix then air drying them. That way you are assured of good coverage.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

BillyBob66
Reactions:

Post by BillyBob66 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Scuba wrote:I personally dont like the sprayers. I prefer to saturate items by soaking them in a bucket of mix then air drying them. That way you are assured of good coverage.
I'm with you, it has always seemed to me that dipping would result in better coverage. But having said that, I have always been either too lazy or in too big of a hurry to mix, or whatever reason have not done it. I have only sprayed. I have sprayed clothing, boots, packs, hammocks, even a PeaPod, etc. (some of these outer layers only). And I have not seen a bug in years. But, I sometimes also spray 20% Picaridin on exposed skin. But not always. Still, dipping may work even better, but spraying has changed my summer hiking to about zero bug hassle.

Mbal1856
Reactions:
Hammock: Yukon Double
Tarp: DIY RSBTR winter
Suspension: Whoopies
Insulation: DIY MYG UQ

Post by Mbal1856 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:01 am

Thanks for the link to tractor supply. Never thought of looking there. I've only bought the Sawyer spray from walmart. Looking at the prices on the link, seem much cheaper than the $20 spray bottle, plus what Scuba wrote, i like the idea of soaking instead of spraying. Luckily I have one a short drive from my house.

Return to “How to---”