PapaSmurf
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

New design maybe?

Post by PapaSmurf » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:29 am

Here's an idea we're currently working on. I call this our Nesting Pair. Individual Raven hammocks zipped together to form a complete 2 person hammock with bug net. The area between the hammocks is completely open. When a 2 person hammock isn't needed, simply unzip them apart and they become 2 individual Raven hammocks again. More details to follow as we get the design more final.

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: New design maybe?

Post by rhjanes » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:02 am

Love my Raven! Just slept overnight in it for the first time. I awoke around 2 AM thinking "great, I need to move that UQ over to my right..." which in my other hammocks, means unzipping the ONE side and attempting to push the UQ over, or grab it under the hammock. Then my brain remembered "this is the RAVEN, with a zipper on my right!" zip, yank, zip...zzzzz

Upfront, I'd not be in the market. My wife's idea of camping is the Holiday Inn instead of a Hilton. BUT, on this, some way to have the bug net covering both, but pulled up in the middle. Hope that is semi clear.
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

PapaSmurf
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by PapaSmurf » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:21 am

Yep, that's exactly where we want to go. The Raven already has most of this functionality so no need to buy expensive double nets or anything. I'm thinking of using a stock Raven with the addition of a couple small items. I'll be adding a couple small shock cord pieces to support the netting between the hammocks.

That way folks can choose to zip it together or leave it apart as needed throughout the camping season.

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:40 pm

I really like the concept and bet there's a real market for it. Looking good Randy!

gmcpcs
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY WB Clone ATACS
Tarp: DIY Hex ATACS FG
Suspension: Cargo strap loop, BN
Insulation: PLUQ, Down, DIY

Post by gmcpcs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:45 am

I agree, the concept is pretty cool. My wife and I have slept similarly under a tarp like this, and you can easily isolate the suspension so that both aren't banging around and disturbing the other...not that either of us sleep that lightly! Being able to reach over and snuff out the other's snoring is probably beneficial under the single bug net :)

Take it easy,
GMCPCS
Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.
Sam Houston
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15b

Return to “Dream Hammock”