ADVStrom14
Reactions:
Hammock: HH Backpackr Classic
Tarp: HH Hex 30D
Suspension: Webbing, Dutch Bling
Insulation: Costco, fleece, HHSS

Inflatable SUP

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:14 pm

Does anyone use an inflatable SUP or kayak? Because I motorcycle camp most of the time that I go, a rigid boat is not an option. I want an inflatable one so bad but finding one for less than an arm and a leg is hard. I am looking at this one -

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLIUKJA/re ... U81B&psc=1

But wanted to see if anyone else used an inflatable and what you were using. Thanks!

I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Inflatable SUP

Post by sarge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:33 pm

I have been lusting mightyly after this.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

ADVStrom14
Reactions:

Post by ADVStrom14 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Ooo das nice...
I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. -E. B. White

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:53 pm

ADVStrom14 wrote:Ooo das nice...
Yah, a little too nice.

Right now,this one is in my price range.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

brianb2
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY Double Layer
Tarp: DIY Asym or Winter
Suspension: Mule Tape and Becket
Insulation: DIY Integrated UQ

Post by brianb2 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:53 am

I use an inflatable SUP. I've got two of them. Bought both of them off eBay, one for $200 and the other for $300. The $300 is better quality but came with leaks that I had to patch.

It's great for cruising around on a lake or on a tame river. I haven't taken them on any fast rivers. Fishing is a lot of fun on them as well. I'm also planning to run some of the blue trails that are normally run by kayaks and canoes. Let me know if you need more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Family motto - we may joke, but we don't judge.
Trail Name = Beans

ADVStrom14
Reactions:

Post by ADVStrom14 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:44 pm

brianb2 wrote:I use an inflatable SUP. I've got two of them. Bought both of them off eBay, one for $200 and the other for $300. The $300 is better quality but came with leaks that I had to patch.

It's great for cruising around on a lake or on a tame river.
Excellent. Do you happen to know or can you find out what the brand/type of the $300 one you purchased? I really just want to go on the lake with them or have the option of the river but I am not really interested in rapids or anything choppy like that. I just want to chill. :)

brianb2
Reactions:

Post by brianb2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:02 am

Yep, one if them is an Ancheer 10ft max weight 350lbs. The other is a Vilano 10ft. The Vilano has a thicker construction but there's nothing wrong with the other one, works fine.

My daughter and I out for a morning paddle. I don't live on the lake, so being inflatable makes transport easy.

Trail Name = Beans

brianb2
Reactions:

Post by brianb2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:11 am

sarge wrote:

this one is in my price range.
Sarge, I've got an inflatable kayak, a Sevylor. If you get one make sure they offer a skeg for it. Without one they don't track well and can get really frustrating on a windy day. I'm a DIYer also and was going to make one for mine then found that Coleman sold one for $15. Done. Good luck, the kayak was fun but now that we've spent time on the SUPs it doesn't get as much use.

Trail Name = Beans

ADVStrom14
Reactions:

Post by ADVStrom14 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:35 am

brianb2 wrote:Yep, one if them is an Ancheer 10ft max weight 350lbs. The other is a Vilano 10ft. The Vilano has a thicker construction but there's nothing wrong with the other one, works fine.

My daughter and I out for a morning paddle. I don't live on the lake, so being inflatable makes transport easy.

Awesome! Thanks!

gbrugs
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by gbrugs » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:02 pm

My wife owns. Paddle board yoga business so i have a fair amount of knowledge on the subject. While you will not get a better track and ride than a solid board, inflatables are the way to go for transport and durability.

We only use red paddle brand. They are light, durable, you can drive over them with car and not have an issue, have great pumps, comes in a wheeled and shoulder trap bag, and are not crazy expensive.

Wind is not an inflatable supers friend. Beware of win, you may go backwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brianb2
Reactions:

Post by brianb2 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:10 pm

I've heard the Red boards are great. My first board was an old wind surfer I bought for $20 and bondo'd all the tiny holes then resurfaced. It's big, 14' and heavy 40lb, but it's what I started with and it still holds a certain significance for me. It's thinner than the iSUPs so took more balance. It's my hobo paddle board.

Trail Name = Beans

Return to “Watercraft”