Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Talk about upcoming camping trips and hikes here.
gmcpcs
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY WB Clone ATACS
Tarp: DIY Hex ATACS FG
Suspension: Cargo strap loop, BN
Insulation: PLUQ, Down, DIY

Re: Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Post by gmcpcs » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:42 pm

OK, I just changed my arrival to Wednesday. (Evening) If I have to sleep at PL #8 I can. Work has let me off, so I will be combining the drive to Austin to carry forward over to Huntsville. I can help as needed.

Take it easy,
GMCPCS

Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.
Sam Houston
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15b

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Re: Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Post by Scuba » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:15 pm

I am leaving San Antonio about 8 or so Wed morning, and plan to get to the LSHT area about noon. I will post on here when we have a spot picked out.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Zort
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Zort » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:49 pm

woo hoo, someone canceled their vacation that week, i was able to get friday off. Jager and I will be arriving midday Friday.
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can get someone else to do for you today.

My Youtube Channel

Flynguy521
Reactions:
Hammock: Dream Hammock Custom
Tarp: UGQ Asym Multicam
Suspension: DIY 1" Webbing
Insulation: UGQ Custom

Post by Flynguy521 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:14 pm

Zort wrote:woo hoo, someone canceled their vacation that week, i was able to get friday off. Jager and I will be arriving midday Friday.
Good deal man!
Hike, Like, and Subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/c/AndyMartinezOutdoors

Hammock Trip Map

"I aim to misbehave!" - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Niteryder
Reactions:
Hammock: Warbonnet Ridgerunne
Tarp: Kelty Noah Tarp 12
Suspension: Webbing/Buckles
Insulation: Snugpak Jungle Blank

Post by Niteryder » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:35 pm

I am intrested in attending at least 2 days and a night (Sat.) If possible. Only issue is the 4 mile hike in with a below knee prosthetic. As I haven't officially met anyone yet I don't want to be presumptuous in assuming a shuttle will whisk me to the camp. I researched to see if it was possible to bike pack but doesn't look likely. Thanks for any information on options, Brian
Warbonnet Ridgerunner DBL Layer, Kelty Noah's Tarp 12, Snugpak Jungle Blanket and 5.11 Tactical Sleeping Bag Modified as pod

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Scuba » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Shuttle will be available. My phone # is 210 488 5029, and I am the Head Cat Herder for this rodeo.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.

Zort
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Zort » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Herding cats is probably the most accurate description I've ever heard of for the butt bake.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can get someone else to do for you today.

My Youtube Channel

Flynguy521
Reactions:
Hammock: Dream Hammock Custom
Tarp: UGQ Asym Multicam
Suspension: DIY 1" Webbing
Insulation: UGQ Custom

Post by Flynguy521 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:27 pm

Zort wrote:Herding cats is probably the most accurate description I've ever heard of for the butt bake.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Kinda like chief rope pusher!
Hike, Like, and Subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/c/AndyMartinezOutdoors

Hammock Trip Map

"I aim to misbehave!" - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Niteryder
Reactions:
Hammock: Warbonnet Ridgerunne
Tarp: Kelty Noah Tarp 12
Suspension: Webbing/Buckles
Insulation: Snugpak Jungle Blank

Post by Niteryder » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks for the the response and I'll call once I get to lot 8...look forward to meeting everyone
Warbonnet Ridgerunner DBL Layer, Kelty Noah's Tarp 12, Snugpak Jungle Blanket and 5.11 Tactical Sleeping Bag Modified as pod

Mrs Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Mrs Baby Huey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:15 pm

Niteryder wrote:Thanks for the the response and I'll call once I get to lot 8...look forward to meeting everyone
Looking forward to meeting you have you had a chance to check out the Meal Plan option for the Butt Bake?

PapaSmurf
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by PapaSmurf » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:30 pm

Just received our new hammockhangers.net custom camo fabric today. We've got a couple real special hammocks heading down to the 5th Annual Texas Butt Bake later this month. Special thanks to hammockhangers.net, ripstopbytheroll.com and Justin Oliveri for helping us out with everything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Scuba » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:39 pm

the color scheme really pops on the top picture. Can't wait to get ahold of this stuff.

ezadventurer
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by ezadventurer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Well I made the third annual butt bake and actually wore my shirt last week since it started getting hot again. This will be the second year in a row that I will miss, but will certainly make the Fall hang and hopefully some additional forays during the summer and early fall. Be safe out there and have fun.

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Scott » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:38 pm

PapaSmurf wrote:Just received our new hammockhangers.net custom camo fabric today. We've got a couple real special hammocks heading down to the 5th Annual Texas Butt Bake later this month. Special thanks to hammockhangers.net, ripstopbytheroll.com and Justin Oliveri for helping us out with everything.
thats cool!
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

Scott
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Scott » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:49 pm

I added my name to the spreadsheet. I finally got my schedule cleared :D :D , Unless I get called into work :x , I will be there Saturday morning. What do we need more of for the potluck? Meat, cold side, dessert?
Texas sucede? Y'all are lucky we don't invade!

Return to “Texas Trips”