Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Talk about upcoming camping trips and hikes here.
gmcpcs
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY WB Clone ATACS
Tarp: DIY Hex ATACS FG
Suspension: Cargo strap loop, BN
Insulation: PLUQ, Down, DIY

Re: Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Post by gmcpcs » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:12 pm

UncleMJM wrote:Don't forget your coffee cup and since I drink mine black I'm good to go. If you like to doctor yours up be sure to bring the fixings for that.

Also, since there are some meals that folks are on their own, one might assume that everyone brings their own plates and forks, sporks or spoons. Rather than assume, here's a reminder, bring such things as we are not providing them as part of the planned group meals.

I will have a washing station set up and available for people to wash dishes but rather than use disposable and deal with tons of trash this seems the more prudent way to go.
Great idea. I think I have a trough around somewhere that I can put in my bag as a food receptacle. And there's a fold up spork somewhere...or better yet, I'll bring a real spoon, knife and fork :)

Take it easy, I'm getting the batteries refreshed in my ridgeline fans, and can hardly wait! After an 8 hour drive of course.

Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.
Sam Houston
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15b

gmcpcs
Reactions:

Re: Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Post by gmcpcs » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:15 pm

losthanger wrote:Guys; it's with a heavy heart that I have to pull out of this weekend. Sorry if this bogs up any planning, but my 80 yr. old mom is undergoing chemo for a lump and the person who was staying with her this weekend had a family emergency popup, so the duty falls on me. Going to post this over on FB as well. Sorry again. Y'all have a great time and I'll hang my hammock up here in solidarity. :)
So sorry to hear about your mom, but solidarity hanging is good.

Take it easy,
GMCPCS
Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.
Sam Houston

UncleMJM
Reactions:
Hammock: Freebird
Tarp: UGQ SilPoly... soon
Suspension: webbing/whoopies...
Insulation: beer/pizza reserves

Post by UncleMJM » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:29 pm

losthanger wrote:Guys; it's with a heavy heart that I have to pull out of this weekend. Sorry if this bogs up any planning, but my 80 yr. old mom is undergoing chemo for a lump and the person who was staying with her this weekend had a family emergency popup, so the duty falls on me. Going to post this over on FB as well. Sorry again. Y'all have a great time and I'll hang my hammock up here in solidarity. :)
Gonna miss you buddy. Prayers for mom and you too.

Flynguy521
Reactions:
Hammock: Dream Hammock Custom
Tarp: UGQ Asym Multicam
Suspension: DIY 1" Webbing
Insulation: UGQ Custom

Post by Flynguy521 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Prayers!!!
Hike, Like, and Subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/c/AndyMartinezOutdoors

Hammock Trip Map

"I aim to misbehave!" - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Take care of fambly first, Don. We'll see you in November!
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Rich S.
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Rich S. » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:55 am

Guys and gals,
My hats off to youall and my prayers for a great time are with you, but it's just too hot for me to enjoy this shindig.
Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Thanks for setting it up and looking forward to a cooler opportunity.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:00 pm

We'll miss you dude.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:02 pm

OK--

My metric crap ton of cheapos dollar store glow sticks disappeared. I only have six, and no time to get to the dollar store before I cut out in the morning. These are only going to be critical Friday and Saturday nights---can someone stop by a Dollar Store and get a bunch?
My You Tube Channel

Zort
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Zort » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:14 pm

"Metric" crap ton...I thought we won the war.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can get someone else to do for you today.

My Youtube Channel

lilricky
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by lilricky » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:36 pm

I'll pick up the metric "crap ton" of light sticks :)
Maintainer of the Unofficial Trail GPS Map Page(Updated 3-8-16) Now updated with Florida Trail, Lone Star Hiking Trail, Arizona Trail, and the Appalachian Trail.

Mrs Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Mrs Baby Huey » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:33 pm

I got 50 necklace glow sticks and 100 glow bracelets.

Mrs Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Mrs Baby Huey » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:37 pm

I have most everything ready to load, at this rate we may end up in two trucks. I have no idea how we end up with so much stuff.

gmcpcs
Reactions:

Post by gmcpcs » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 am

I'm on my way, ETA approximately 3 p.m.
Sam Houston

Mrs Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Mrs Baby Huey » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:24 am

gmcpcs wrote:I'm on my way, ETA approximately 3 p.m.
Drive safe see you there.

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:26 am

Heading out in about 10 minutes. ETA 0900-1000
My You Tube Channel

Return to “Texas Trips”