Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Talk about upcoming camping trips and hikes here.
losthanger
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Post by losthanger » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:00 pm

OK....just signed up for the meal plan and intend to get there Wednesday evening. Don't know if I'll hang at PL8 that night, or just come on in Thursday morning. Most likely Thursday morning. Since I've got a big truck, I can shuttle a lot of stuff/folks. I can also bring a 100 QT cooler and a couple of 48 QT coolers as well if needed. Let me know what I can do.

Texas. It's a whole 'nother country.

Character is what you are in the dark

gmcpcs
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY WB Clone ATACS
Tarp: DIY Hex ATACS FG
Suspension: Cargo strap loop, BN
Insulation: PLUQ, Down, DIY

Re: Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Post by gmcpcs » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:06 am

gmcpcs wrote:OK, I just changed my arrival to Wednesday. (Evening) If I have to sleep at PL #8 I can. Work has let me off, so I will be combining the drive to Austin to carry forward over to Huntsville. I can help as needed.
UPDATE: On my arrival, anyway. My Austin training was cancelled, so I will be leaving Midland early Thursday morning, and arriving that afternoon. I will update the spreadsheet...
Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.
Sam Houston
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15b

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Got a couple of requests:

I need a gas mask and at least one rubber chicken.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Zort
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: RE: Re: Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Post by Zort » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:19 pm

sarge wrote:Got a couple of requests:

I need a gas mask and at least one rubber chicken.
I know we live in a modern age, where a man's life choices are his own...but maybe give us a little warning before you jump out of whatever clown car you might be in.

And does the rubber chicken need a gas mask as well?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can get someone else to do for you today.

My Youtube Channel

Tyler
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Tyler » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Ive got the gas mask... Somewhere. I'll find it before next weekend.

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:50 pm

I am thinking we banish Sarge to that little peninsula across the lake.
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: RE: Re: Fifth Annual Texas Butt Bake - Sponsored by Dream Hammock and HammockHangers.net

Post by sarge » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Zort wrote: I know we live in a modern age, where a man's life choices are his own...but maybe give us a little warning before you jump out of whatever clown car you might be in.

And does the rubber chicken need a gas mask as well?

No the rubber chicken does not need a gas mask (but if you DO have a chicken gas mask, we might be able to work that in as well).

Two would be better than one, but one will do.
Tyler wrote:Ive got the gas mask... Somewhere. I'll find it before next weekend.
Thanks, if anybody else has one, we might could use two----
Scuba wrote:I am thinking we banish Sarge to that little peninsula across the lake.
Dude--

You should talk. You're the one who's bringing the inflatable island.

Speaking of which----we need a tiki torch and half a coconut shell on a stick.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

Scuba
Site Admin
Reactions:
Hammock: DreamHammock
Tarp: UGQ WD or Hanger
Suspension: Varies
Insulation: UGQ40 HG20

Post by Scuba » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Cheryl is bringing Tiki torches
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James Mattis, USMC RET.
Owner/Administrator HammockHangers.net

Zort
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Zort » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:41 pm

Great, now I have this image stuck in my head of Sarge jumping out of a clown car, wearing a coconut shell bikini top, waving around a rubber chicken that's wearing a gas mask. I either need sleep or booze...maybe a bit of both.

And to think I've got jury duty tomorrow and could be deciding someone's fate...
Never put off until tomorrow, what you can get someone else to do for you today.

My Youtube Channel

gmcpcs
Reactions:
Hammock: DIY WB Clone ATACS
Tarp: DIY Hex ATACS FG
Suspension: Cargo strap loop, BN
Insulation: PLUQ, Down, DIY

Post by gmcpcs » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:54 am

I have a feeling that the cameras will be rolling...I may need to invest in one of those paparazzi camera disrupter scarfs, or something like that.

I'm afraid that the gas mask might be "safety gear" for bean and sauerkraut burrito trail food testing. Or the after effect of said testing.

"Hold my beer (iced tea) and watch what comes of eating this" the headlines follow for the next viral video.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Texas will again lift it's head and stand among the nations. It ought to do so, for no country upon the globe can compare with it in natural advantages.
Sam Houston
"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15b

Mrs Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Mrs Baby Huey » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:03 am

I don't want to put a damper on this but has anyone taken a look at the burn bans. Something we need to keep an eye on.

jackh
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by jackh » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:18 am

Sorry everyone, I had a family event come up that I cannot miss. I just removed myself from the google sheet. You guys have fun, hopefully I can make the fall hang.

Ksbcrocks
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Ksbcrocks » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:44 am

I'm leaving for California a few days earlier than originally planned, so I'm not going to make it out there this year. See y'all in the fall!

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by sarge » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:41 am

Mrs Baby Huey wrote:I don't want to put a damper on this but has anyone taken a look at the burn bans. Something we need to keep an eye on.

Hey--

I saw a pic of you and Brian at a RenFair, and he was wearing something that would be perfect for "Security" (I think you know the outfit I'm talking about). Could he bring that along and wear it for a minute or two while I shoot some video?
My You Tube Channel

Mrs Baby Huey
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Post by Mrs Baby Huey » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:54 am

sarge wrote:
Mrs Baby Huey wrote:I don't want to put a damper on this but has anyone taken a look at the burn bans. Something we need to keep an eye on.

Hey--

I saw a pic of you and Brian at a RenFair, and he was wearing something that would be perfect for "Security" (I think you know the outfit I'm talking about). Could he bring that along and wear it for a minute or two while I shoot some video?
I will talk to him when I get home from work. I don't see why not.

Return to “Texas Trips”