Brute's Goodwater Death March, April 7-9, 2017

Talk about upcoming camping trips and hikes here.
Rat
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Brute's Goodwater Death March, April 7-9, 2017

Post by Rat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:51 pm

I apologize for not posting this here earlier, but I forget; my wee little brain isn't what it used to be.

Anyway, it has been three years since the last one, but we are having Brute's Goodwater Death March again. I will do my best to make it an annual trip from here on out.

Here's the gist:
We start at Camp Teas and walk all the way around Lake Georgetown! Fear not, the 26ish mile trip is broken into three easy (ish) segments. Tejas to Cedar (about 6.5 miles) on Friday, Cedar to Russell (about 13 miles) on Saturday and then from Russell back to Tejas on Sunday (about 7 miles).

I will be on the water this year in my trusty Beer Barge. I will have full meals at both camps (Cedar and Russell) for dinner and breakfast. I will also have a full cooler of beverages, my default beverages, and whatever you would like me to bring at each camp. Boats are good for this.

So think of it like a really hard 26ish mile hike, but with great food and adult beverages (or regular, your choice) at each camp site along the way!

The full agenda and meal plan is as follows...

Brute's Goodwater Death March Agenda...

Friday, 7 April, 2017 - The main hiking party will meet and/or start from Camp Tejas at around 1130ish hrs. 30.69594,-97.828188

We will hike the South shore to Cedar Hollow Camp. 30.668065,-97.763718

Those wanting to meet late Friday night can park at the remote trail head and hike in to Cedar Hollow, a 30-45 minute hike, to meet us. Remote Trail Head Coordinates: 30.665805,-97.767411

Food for Friday night will be rabbit alfredo; a nice slow cooked rabbit with pasta and a crème sauce and garlic bread.

Saturday, 8 April, 2017 - Breakfast will be KB Ranch Biscuits and Gravy.
We will proceed around the lake counter clockwise. Persons showing on Saturday can park and meet us at any of the following parks:
Cedar Breaks
Visitors Overlook
Jim Hogg
Russell
All of these parks are fee based and the fee is $4.00 per night for parking. I think trailhead parking is exempt at Russell (and may be at others as well), but be prepared to pay. I do not recommend parking overnight at the Overlook for security reasons.

Saturday night we make camp at Russell Park where there will be much eating, drinking and merriment. The actual site is TBD but it will be around the trail head area, like Site 1, 2 or 3. This will be subject to change once I make a visual on the sites in this area.
There will be a light lunch available if it is needed by hungry hikers when arriving at the park. It will be sandwiches, but really good sandwiches.
Dinner on Saturday night will be steaks and potatoes with some kind of green vegetable; maybe asparagus to replace the lost minerals from the hike.
Breakfast on Sunday will be mountain man breakfast served on tortillas.

Sunday, 9 April, 2017 - We hike out of Russell Park back to Camp Tejas.

I can accommodate special food requirements if needed. I will pick up all the food stuffs and we will divide the total by the number of attendees and that will be what you need to pay.

As default I will be bringing:
A case of Dr. Pepper
A case of Mountain Dew
A case of Lone Star Red
A little moonshine
Some home brew red wine
If you want to bring your own beer/wine for the cooler please do; I can also pick up the stuff for you and add that to your food bill if preferred. If you want me to pick it up please add it to the list, or post it, and I will get it done.

I will be buying everything On Saturday or Sunday April 1/2, so please have your drink orders in by that time. Plan on about $30 per person for food plus whatever you want me to pick up for your drinks, if any.

The actual hike is pretty tough, the nights in camp will not be!

My phone number
512 5 two 5 7 two 9 nine

So far, between the other site and facebook we have about 13 signed up for the hike.

So, who's in?

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

sarge
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Brute's Goodwater Death March, April 7-9, 2017

Post by sarge » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Dang.

Picked a weekend the Little Colonel has spoken for. One of these days I'm gonna hit this one.
You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me. ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
My You Tube Channel

rhjanes
Reactions:
Hammock:
Tarp:
Suspension:
Insulation:

Re: Brute's Goodwater Death March, April 7-9, 2017

Post by rhjanes » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Yeah....I signed up to be with Wife and my Mom at a Rangers BB game.....
Call me Junior
Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes sargevining

Return to “Texas Trips”